Active Topics

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Well i think you would be correct with that resolution.

I believe this will reach sale point in september. announcement earlier.
Hi K123!

is it possible that you had one out of many versions of the device with different hardware (or: are you sure that the device you had is completely the one we would be able to buy?)
I mean, Zeh mentioned before that it could be possible that "early-tester" could have different devices with similar, but not identical hardware, so could it be possible that the final device could get better hardware then yours?

Could this be possible?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
seriously why 720p ? all I can think of is lesser batterylife and slower performance.
+1
720p on a 4“ display?!?

But 720p or even 1080p output via hdmi would be nice!

question is, if there is a hdmi port on the consumer n9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
seriously why 720p ? all I can think of is lesser batterylife and slower performance.
seriously you are right...
but (as mentioned before) i live in a pink world where everything is possible...
for me, its not important if its qHD or HDready, i just would like to have as much ppi as possible... i just would like to see a display with no visible pixels, even with a very close look...

Originally Posted by zymo View Post
+1
720p on a 4“ display?!?

But 720p or even 1080p output via hdmi would be nice!

question is, if there is a hdmi port on the consumer n9.
i hope for 1080p over hdmi (pink world ), but 720p would be enough, if the device can show the vid on tv and on the screen at the same time

at the moment my biggest hope is that the device will get the same cam as in the N8... It makes the best pictures and videos and would be great for this device

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Depending on how you look at it it will be a super phone well beyond the specs at least. Nice 8MP CZ camera , nice pic. Big screen , massive memory. UI , gestures , slim and of coures the great OS on it.
Are you telling me is does not have 12 MP camera? Wat does CZ mean in "8MP CZ" camera? Wil the camera be as good as the N8 unit?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Are you telling me is does not have 12 MP camera? Wat does CZ mean in "8MP CZ" camera? Wil the camera be as good as the N8 unit?
CZ = Carl Zeiss != Zeiss

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Dude, where did I say that was the only reason? It is one argument that you were overlooking/denying. You need a way to distribute a virus, and that's harder with a 1% market share than with a 70% market share.

Anyway, if linux servers are so secure, why is it called root kits and not administrator kits? There are different threats for different systems. Since Linux boxes have a high percentage on web servers and a low percentage on desktops, the threats towards Linux boxes have a different focus than Outlook viruses. On Linux, there are worms too, bots and egg drops and what not. Any system that is online, needs to be updated regularly, and it's always a struggle against the time.
Dude , I as not denying it. I just don't think it it the most important reason. Chill out.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'd be happy with the Camera module from the N86, quality was amazing and still better than the 8MP cams currently being released.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
his device had an 8MP cam, CZ means Carl-Zeiss, a company making the (very good) lenses.

a problem could be the size of the N9, because its very thin and maybe the cam in the N8 is too thick for it... The pictures would be "good enough", which means better then from other companys, maybe its the same cam like in the E7... just guessing, i still hope for the 12MP Version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The best lens can be compromised if it's attached to the worse sensor. Both are necessary for great pics.

Problem is... I hope as much attention goes into the rest of the gadget as the selection of the lens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland