Notices

C'mon people... It is almost a week after Mentalist promoted v11 into -testing, and still I'm only one that voted for it's promotion into extras? Having in mind what kind of changes new version brings (extremely low chances of breaking something) and how many people responded in this thread, it's a shame that no one cared about doing just little tests and voting.

Still, 9 votes needed. Lets show that we DO respect when someone take orphaned package, and maintain it as good as he (or she, in other cases) can, providing updates, proper optification (I can confirm that former version of aircrack-ng for maemo wasn't really optified, as i got noticeable more rotfs space after upgrade, ~1,5 MB) and other useful things. I think that "giving back some love by (testing and) voting" is basic and simple thing that we can do to motivate...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Sorry, but I don't know where and how to vote, never did it before

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
Just voted.

Everyone can vote here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...g/1.1-maemo11/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pfontana77 For This Useful Post:
Sorry i just put my vote now, sorry

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to q6600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Well i will test it but i have one question all i have on my phone is the bleeding edge drivers havent installed them or anything as i now have kernel 47 and just want to find out if there is issues with kernel 47 and aircrack? and is the install still the same as the orginal aircrack?

Short answer:

Yep.

Long asnwer:

You load bleeding edge drivers just like before, no issues known between aircrack-ng 1.1 and kp47

BTW i remember, when I first time tried to vote for something. Took me half of an hour to determine which one of my maemo.org accounts i need to use here, damn thing just keep kicking out "wrong password or username". Real PITA. Mentalist mentioned it, but better to say it again - You don't use forum login there, but Your maemo.org one. If You always used only forum, just go and create one, its independant from Your forum one.

//Edit

Just one more to go! Last people voting will get potato troffy

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-08 at 16:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Thank you Estel for getting people motivated! And thank you to everyone who voted!

I have added the 10th vote (you can vote on your own package, though I decided earlier on that I wasn't going to do that unless it's the last vote needed).

Now we just have to wait for the 12th of this month, and then promotion to extras will be unlocked, and at that point I'll push it down to extras.

- Edit -

Also, my current SDK-containing machine has a broken keyboard, but one the new one arrives, I'll put a newer version into -devel.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-08 at 17:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Qatar
Hai friends give a tutorial for this how to use this one for a normal user

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Thank you Estel for getting people motivated! And thank you to everyone who voted!

I have added the 10th vote (you can vote on your own package, though I decided earlier on that I wasn't going to do that unless it's the last vote needed).

Now we just have to wait for the 12th of this month, and then promotion to extras will be unlocked, and at that point I'll push it down to extras.

- Edit -

Also, my current SDK-containing machine has a broken keyboard, but one the new one arrives, I'll put a newer version into -devel.
whats missing on v11 then other than the iw depency? Just curious... :P

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
whats missing on v11 then other than the iw depency? Just curious... :P
Nothing that I can think of, actually (other than more refined symlink adding/removal scripts, although it might be a bit before I make something better, as the current version has no realistically likely issues, and my scripting isn't too perfect yet).

But if the iw dependency doesn't break anything, it'd be nice to push the dependant version down to extras too, because then 'iw' would get pulled down the dependency chain along with it (currently iw is lounging in -devel), at least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Actually, I'm not sure if iw will need a bugtracker link directly, or if the requirement for a bugtracker link is waived for dependency packages not in the "user" section.

The only other possible changes are seeing if anything useful has appeared in the Aircrack-NG SVN repository's upstream code, so maybe updating the source used for this port. Also, I still have to do what Hawaii asked - look around for enhancements in the aircrack-ng bugtracker that haven't been integrated into the SVN codebase yet, and possibly add them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: