Poll: Best OS for N900?
Poll Options
Best OS for N900?

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I would be able to contribute a lot more if it were not for the fact that MeeGo is confusing everyone on this Maemo based and named forum !.

Carsten if only you would spend as much time on actual work coding MeeGo to a fuller ui that people can actually see some progress instead of trying to correct peoples opinions on a Maemo forum, far too much of your time and talent is wasted here.

PS the proof is in the pudding you know !.
Okay, abill_uk, you pedant, you don't know a ****ing thing about engineering an operating system. 5% done? What the **** is your measuring scale to come up with that ******** metric?

You've not done a single ****ing thing for the community, all you do is insult people that are working on keeping the NIT devices relevant.

I will continue in this forum as I have been, but if I get banned for calling you a cock jockey, so be it.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
i would jump to cordia iff i get a version where i can flash it directly on to my N900...other wise...NO WAY...

TRIED MEEGO DE AND ANDROID UMAY..works good bt not yet..aha..

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Now, back on topic.

"Why MeeGo - Cordia, what's lack in Maemo", I'm sorry that there are people out there working on projects that give you a choice about how to use your device. What gives you or anyone the right to dictate where developers' time should be spent? When they're doing it for free, for themselves, but are willing to share their effort.

The free software movement isn't just about not having to pay money to those of us that develop something and have the notion to give it to you all for free, no obligation, though obviously donations are welcome, not that there's been much of that. The free software movement is about choice, giving you a choice, and you're complaining about that choice?

Seriously, if you don't understand why someone is doing something, or why a projects has been created, don't fret, just ignore it and continue along your merry way. (in this case with Maemo)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...1&feature=fvwp
check it out,this is what maemo lacks ,CRACKLE application . hope it can included in next CSSU.;p

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...1&feature=fvwp
check it out,this is what maemo lacks ,CRACKLE application . hope it can included in next CSSU.;p
That's like Compiz - 90% blingblingbling, 10% function. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use if you used a view similar to the Albums view on Maemo 5's music player?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
That's like Compiz - 90% blingblingbling, 10% function.
Dock sells Macs.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Dock sells Macs.
[OFFTOPIC] For certain reasons, I recently needed to use iMovie+Garageband (hackintosh tiem.) . The dock is hopelessly useless for window management. Rather, it's a big-*** launcher. Expose is a lot more useful, and Mission Control makes it a LOT better. [/OFFTOPIC]

Ontopic, "what's lack in Maemo" : portability to other devices (for numerous reasons we all know).

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Okay, abill_uk, you pedant, you don't know a ****ing thing about engineering an operating system. 5% done? What the **** is your measuring scale to come up with that ******** metric?

You've not done a single ****ing thing for the community, all you do is insult people that are working on keeping the NIT devices relevant.

I will continue in this forum as I have been, but if I get banned for calling you a cock jockey, so be it.
twindell, you ignorant slut. ...that's all I have. Just thought it seemed you were doing a Saturday Night Live-live backhanded slap at abill_uk. heh Your debate was valid, despite the frustrated tone. I have to agree with your sentiments on this one.

abill, lad, if you're still reading: unlike Nokia--at least these folks are working on and making progress on an actual OPEN SOURCE operating system.. however slowly as that machine moves at first... it needs time to gather steam. I'd rather see this run slowly even while new devices keep coming out and finally become THE OS to have... than make deals with the closed-source devils and rely heavily on closed-source the way Maemo did.

Also... "cock jockey" isn't censored? I laughed hard.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
abill, lad, if you're still reading: unlike Nokia--at least these folks are working on and making progress on an actual OPEN SOURCE operating system.. however slowly as that machine moves at first... it needs time to gather steam. I'd rather see this run slowly even while new devices keep coming out and finally become THE OS to have... than make deals with the closed-source devils and rely heavily on closed-source the way Maemo did.
You waste time. It's like talking to a brick wall. If he has any sense, he would have either left or stopped posting 15 months ago.

P.S.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I would be able to contribute a lot more
Are you seriously using the word more???

Last edited by pantera1989; 2011-07-27 at 22:33.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Have we got a release yet?
I'd be happy to test this OS if I can get a copy

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy cordia tab, cordia vs cssu, more opensource, y this thread?