Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post

In a way Stskeeps departure echoes that of qwerty12 (if you can remember the giant that guy was).
In a way, except qwerty12 seemed angry at Nokia, and no one claimed his disaffection was caused by abil_uk, or Orange_Box, or whoever the Menace of the Moment was. Perhaps some helpful mindreader will explain all the emotions qwerty12 was feeling; I never understood them and never closely read the infamous parting obscene rant. We seem to have some proficient mindreaders in this thread -- someone was actually able to speculate about my inmost thoughts!

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Stskeeps, I also want to thank you for all your endeavours on TMO. You among many others have been great influence to this community and to me personally. Since N900 and TMO I fell in love with OSS and the open and free(as in freedom) way of creating new innovations and the OSS communities in general. Thanks again and all the best.

Hope to see you back here some time, even if just briefly

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Stskeeps is awesome. Sad to see tmo getting less awesome.

About the general state of affairs... The whole problem is Nokia's slowness to take "step 5" IMO. That will be a gush of fresh Harmattan wind the forum and the community are in much need. Then we will go on to having Harmattan newbie threads, N900 users angry with lack of backporting new apps, and finally the cool hacker threads exploring the new device!!

Last edited by nwerneck; 2011-06-10 at 03:10.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
A lot of people looked down on the way qwerty left, and to me this is much the same. Unlike qwerty however, I think Carsten will be back, although not for some time, and not with the same activity level..
Unlike qwerty12, stskeeps didn't pull a childish stunt with a software "update" and trash community members who didn't deserve it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Goodbye, drama queen.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
Goodbye, drama queen.
As such, Stskeeps you leave at bad timing. Some people might not acquaint you as well as other veterans do, and only remembered you by your recent debates with abill_uk.

Nevertheless, Godspeed and good luck.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
Man..we'll miss u...u were one of the best..thanks for all ur support...All the best...

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
[rant about how Nokia is to blame for Carsten leaving]
No.
http://twitter.com/stskeeps/status/79040873198923777
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
You are kidding right.

He had "disaffection" for TMO posters alright - in particular the members of the council.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In a way, except qwerty12 seemed angry at Nokia, and no one claimed his disaffection was caused by abil_uk, or Orange_Box, or whoever the Menace of the Moment was. Perhaps some helpful mindreader will explain all the emotions qwerty12 was feeling; I never understood them and never closely read the infamous parting obscene rant. We seem to have some proficient mindreaders in this thread -- someone was actually able to speculate about my inmost thoughts!

Tags
death to trolls, fish for thanks, stskeeps, thanks for fish, thankyou