Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
i got this error on starting smscon;

smscon -start
ps: invalid option -- a
BusyBox v1.18.4 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) multi-call binary.

<snip>
install the latest version of http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72801

never mind guys i found every thing in the wiki, i was looking in the smsconeditor wiki before. A suggestion though, from what i understand sending an sms with key word Location will tell the phone to send its location, but any that knows about smscon and how it works can use that against me. How about this, instead of just key word Location, i use Locationassword. that way the commands are customized to the user and not generalized as on an operating system where anyone that knows them can use the system
use the prefix instead
http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON_Editor#Prefixing_Commands

A request: Please instead of multiple consecutive entries consider in editing and adding (e.g. when you found the answer to your question before someone answered). Otherwise the thread will grow and makes it difficult for others to follow..

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-06-14 at 23:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
worked like a charm thanks.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
can you add a new option to delete folder or images on new Sim?? it is hard to understand the other methods to do this stuff
There is a command to launch a pre-existing script. Just create one script that will delete all your pictures and send the SMS to launch it whenever you want.

That's what I did.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
@ BluesLee:

The smscon_daemon also use pnatd to send the SMS messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post:
Hi, i've been testing the app lately, and i noticed that the camera command doesn't work fully, ie it sends the email but i cant seem to see the picture.

Another thing i observed it that all of the commands are centered around the pretext that if your phone gets stolen the thief wont change the sim card, but what if he does? a suggestion would be, upon a sim card change the phone locks and an sms or email or both is sent with the phone number of the new sim card, that way all the commands can be executed with the new number while the phone remains locked.

My apologies if this feature already exists and i haven't noticed

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Anyone else having problems with prefixes set with SMSCon editor? I've set Smscon_ as prefix, eg. Smscom_Poweroff, and now the commands don't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Keneraali For This Useful Post:
Hi, i've been testing the app lately, and i noticed that the camera command doesn't work fully, ie it sends the email but i cant seem to see the picture.

Another thing i observed it that all of the commands are centered around the pretext that if your phone gets stolen the thief wont change the sim card, but what if he does? a suggestion would be, upon a sim card change the phone locks and an sms or email or both is sent with the phone number of the new sim card, that way all the commands can be executed with the new number while the phone remains locked.

My apologies if this feature already exists and i haven't noticed
It's already implemented (it's one of it's core features)! See also the wiki.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
Anyone else having problems with prefixes set with SMSCon editor? I've set Smscon_ as prefix, eg. Smscom_Poweroff, and now the commands don't work.
Thanks. Confirming this as an issue with SMSCON and have add it in the known issues list.

The "_" character does not get decoded correctly on reception and any command having this fails to execute.

Recommended: until a fix is made avoid using this character in the commands.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

I can confirm this, the prefixes set using the editor didn't work for me either.

@digitalvoid: thanks, i found the feature in the wiki, my bad. I also noticed that the "email a frontcam picture" feature has gprs connection in brackets, does this mean that it doesn't work via wifi? because i get the email, but what i am unable to see i the picture.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Thanks. Confirming this as an issue with SMSCON and have add it in the known issues list.

The "_" character does not get decoded correctly on reception and any command having this fails to execute.

Recommended: until a fix is made avoid using this character in the commands.
I reviewed my code, but I fail to see where I could go wrong...

The underscore character is indeed a valid SMS character (it's in the specification of the GSM 03.38 character set), so it should work.

But.... When I put some prefix text (ex. 2 normal alphabet characters) in SMSCON-editor and update the settings, I don't see my prefix in the smscon_config file at the SMS "COM_XXXX" commands.

Or am I doing something wrong...