Notices

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
she likes using 'whtapp' more then Gtalk yahoo or anyother..coz all her relatives are online through 'whtapp'....if someone can try and make this app.would be worderful...
Tell her on your phone, you can be on jabber, yahoo IM, AIM, Skype and Facebook all that *at the same time*. If WhatApp can't cross connect to even ONE other service, then it's the limiter, not your phone.

Sorry, but some apps are very device specific and very closed. If you wanted to use AIM for the first 3 years it was running, it was available for Windows only. I don't see that as Windows being great or other OSes being inferior. I see that as a very lazy developer who wrote an app for one device and didn't feel like porting it.

If you're that concerned about it, setup an OpenFire XMPP server and configure her phone and yours to chat via that. Of download an app for her device that can chat on another free service. Oh, wait... her app would be suspended because she's running Android, so she can't really have two IM apps running at the same time like the N900 can...

Sucks...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
Liveprofile guys, Its whats up, coming soon for symbian and maemo. Its like whatsapp and bbm with twitter and facebook integration.
http://www.liveprofile.com/
can someone confirm? the interface looks nice.
its BS they dont release maemo5 version when there is a symbian^3

Last edited by jo21; 2011-05-27 at 21:10.

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
can someone confirm? the interface looks nice.
its BS they dont release maemo5 version when there is a symbian^3
I think i found the evidence

http://getsatisfaction.com/liveprofi...onfirm_me_this

As you can see the employee says: "We are working on it."

Guys, are there some IMs on N900 with easy image transfer like whatsapp, BBM, or Liveprofile ?

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Presently there are none but live profile should be coming to meego soon check the link:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...94#post1023394

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Well if Whatsapp worked properly on NITDroid then it would not be much of a trouble for everyone who wants it on Maemo...

Hi everyone.

I can confirm that LiveProfile is targeting the Maemo / Meego platform since I'm one of the ones developing it

I also own an N900 so it will be properly tested, I assure you.

We're aiming to release both Maemo / Symbian^3 as they're both done in Qt (essentially the same codebase).

Please feel free to post any questions regarding the app and I'll be able to reply accordingly (should I make a thread?).

Thank you!

PS: I just registered but I've been lurking the forums for a long time, I'd like to offer my thanks to the community for the excellent and up to date content.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deleet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
@deleet

Only question I have right now is, when will it be released.
As we are an N900 user, we don't mind using alpha/beta stage apps.
Actually we prefer that than to wait a lot longer for the final version. =)

anxiously waiting for this. bf is on android and we're currently using gtalk but we find it lacking...

@jakiman

Alphas will be made available as soon as I have login, contacts and chat functional.

I may post some photos of my development versions in the meantime (maybe Monday). I think I'll create a new thread then in order to keep this organized.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deleet For This Useful Post:

Tags
stupid hack