Originally Posted by R-R View Post
It also pops up a weird bar with ABC at the end when i type with a bluetooth keyboard to suggest completions, is this an OS feature i can turn off when i use a bt keyboard?
That command-completion bar is enabled whenever you use a hardware keyboard, whether built-in (N810) or Bluetooth. I'm afraid I have not found a way to disable it, but I guess the reason why the bar is that large is to let N810 users quickly jab the right correction with their fingers while typing,

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It's truly disturbing how crappy Nokia's xterm is now that it's bundled. I dunno what they managed to pull, but fix it! Fix it! Fix it!

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Norway / Tromsų
I would love a setting where I could choose if user is left handed or right handed.

Scrollbar on the other side is one of them, but the "example to complete word" pop out on the left side of the space bar when I write and since I use my stylus on the left side of the screen I have to tap at the far right on the space bar for a space.

Also more settings on light.. I prefer to have it a bit dark, but difficult to have the right middle setting with only a few settings.

Not sure.. but have the sound on the mplayer on max been set lower then in OS07? I find it a bit to low now.
--

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by hircus View Post
That command-completion bar is enabled whenever you use a hardware keyboard, whether built-in (N810) or Bluetooth. I'm afraid I have not found a way to disable it, but I guess the reason why the bar is that large is to let N810 users quickly jab the right correction with their fingers while typing,
You can turn off this bar by turning off word completion and next word prediction for the language you're in, under the control panel, text input settings: languages tab - settings.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by IBICO View Post
I would love a setting where I could choose if user is left handed or right handed.

Scrollbar on the other side is one of them, but the "example to complete word" pop out on the left side of the space bar when I write and since I use my stylus on the left side of the screen I have to tap at the far right on the space bar for a space.

Agreed! being Left handed with the stylus and having to scroll on the right with my hand blocking the view on the screen makes it a bit annoying sometimes :-)

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Are you talking about the font size when you say "less zoom out"? That's adjustable and if you add the bitstream-vera fonts or driod fonts you'll get some good results. Haven't tried it with my BT keyboard yet though.
I'll try adding the font as soon as the chinook repository is back online, maybe that'll fix it, but it seemed like to zoom was capped arbitrarily rather than being bounded by the font size... we'll see!

But still, the bottom ABC word completion bar (we have [tab] in bash for that, thank you!) and the tool menu setting not being memorized is probably a bug.

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Left a message for you on the thread. I think it's just an interaction with NAT/invites/etc.
Yep, cheers! :-)

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Norway / Tromsų
Anyone else missing an X or some speedy way to close app when in full size view? like browsers and other apps.
Is this something more OS related or would this be apps related?
--

Originally Posted by IBICO View Post
Anyone else missing an X or some speedy way to close app when in full size view? like browsers and other apps.
Is this something more OS related or would this be apps related?
Hold the escape key (directly below dpad)