Notices

Update on my failed downloads problem.
Since my last post I left 1 video queued. I started cuteTube-qml and went to download, and it downloaded immediately. I'm now getting failed downloads again. When they fail the button displays NaN%.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
is there anyway to find out how much video is loaded? like in normal utube, there is light red bar that shows how much has streamed n buffered n we can watch till there. is there any way to show the loading bar to show how much is streamed or loaded?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
is there anyway to find out how much video is loaded? like in normal utube, there is light red bar that shows how much has streamed n buffered n we can watch till there. is there any way to show the loading bar to show how much is streamed or loaded?
No. Next time, use 'search this thread'. It really works.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
No. Next time, use 'search this thread'. It really works.
hey can u implement in the next update somehow? and when a video is loaded, it doesnt save in cache. like if u wnana watch it again, u have to load it back again, is there any possibilty?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
hey can u implement in the next update somehow? and when a video is loaded, it doesnt save in cache. like if u wnana watch it again, u have to load it back again, is there any possibilty?
Isn't that what saving the video is for?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
no. its for finding out how much has loaded but once u can fully load a video, u should be ablle to replay it without loading it on internet

What if there is a playlist of 20 videos. Should all 20 be cached? Currently, the application closes the video playback window once playback is completed, so the video window and it's child objects are destroyed. I could allow you to replay the last played video without reloading by changing this behaviour so that it simply pauses the video at the end. This would mean that users must close the video window manually. I could make this behaviour optional in the settings or simply put a 'replay' button in the video player.

The loading bar is not possible. Buffer progress does not work with gstreamer.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
As suggested by Marxian in the old thread I will ask here again:

Marxian, is support for vimeo.com possible? Are there a plan to include it?

I wan't to watch a 30 minute video on the go (train). And it would be great to download it before at home using my w-lan.
Update:

I am currently implementing playback/download and full API support for both Vimeo and Dailymotion. I already have playback/download working, so I'm now working on implementing the APIs and making some changes the the UI to accommodate the additional sites.

My website

GitHub

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
@marxian
Is S^3 version still in the pipeline?

Marxian,

Love the effort and time you put into improving this into being the best youtube app ever bar none!

I don't know why, but playlist and queue play often hangs at the end or before the next video stuck at loading... Sometimes, single video play gets stuck at beginning until I move the timebar to another point for it to rebuffer seems like. Are you experiencing the same? If you get the chance, can you look into it?

Really appreciate all you do bud!

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube