Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
the question was directed to damion. which "N950" does he have, the 8mpix model or the 12mpix one?
Which do you have (or have had)?

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Oddly the menu says 7MP:

damion@pants:/tmp$ exif 20110621_001.jpg
EXIF tags in '20110621_001.jpg' ('Intel' byte order):
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Tag |Value
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer |Nokia
Model |N950

It's 3522x3000 in its maximum size.

Video is terribly broken up in mplayer which reports:

VIDEO: [mp4v] 1280x720 24bpp 300.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)

It wasn't broken up in vlc. I'll try on the PS3 which I'll be quite excited about if that works as the n900 mp4s don't work.

I've enabled usb syncing and it send dhcp requests to my usb0 (My desktop is linux) but I don't have a dhcp server listening to that interface. I was hoping to nmap it and see if it's listening on anything.

I can't see any way to install a terminal and it's asking for a software update for the store. I need to hand it back as it's the end of the day now but will try and play more tomorrow.

Oh I nabbed the useragent: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (MeeGo; NokiaN950-00/00) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) NokiaBrowser/8.5.0 Mobile Safari/534.13

Note that it doesn't work with youtube at all, html5 in the browser apparently just means most of the latest html5 stuff, not working <video> tag, so without flash it's pretty useless. Also when scrolling up I kept switching to the menu in portrait mode.

This seems to only have 16GB or storage, divided up much like the n900 with loads of vfat and 2GB of app space.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damion For This Useful Post:
i am now determined to learn and develop for the Nokia N9! too bad i dont have a device to test it on! but hey imma put my helping hand in this one!...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
damn. your office is way cooler than mine. people keep getting mad when i look in their desk for any n950s.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Which do you have (or have had)?
I had access to an 12mpix one...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-06-25 at 10:11.

Does it have micro usb hdmi output?

Originally Posted by damion View Post
Note that it doesn't work with youtube at all, html5 in the browser apparently just means most of the latest html5 stuff, not working <video> tag, so without flash it's pretty useless. Also when scrolling up I kept switching to the menu in portrait mode.
I believe youtube doesn't recognise the browser yet, and there may also be issues with your build. HTML5 video works very well, no worries.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
"Nokia is planning to ship the N9 to stores later this year, and announce availability and pricing closer to the start of sales. (Don’t be surprised if this one isn’t cheap.) And it may not be long before it hits shelves: one source close to Nokia says the company would give out a developers’ edition of the phone straight away, while a full commercial edition will be available within a month."

source forbes - http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2...-phone-the-n9/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
As a side-note, the 16:9 image resolution from the 12mpix sensor on the N8-00 is actually 9mpix, so it's pretty close to the 8mpx on the N9. In addition, the N9 has a f/2.2 lens, soo... It looks good?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
"Nokia is planning to ship the N9 to stores later this year, and announce availability and pricing closer to the start of sales. (Don’t be surprised if this one isn’t cheap.) And it may not be long before it hits shelves: one source close to Nokia says the company would give out a developers’ edition of the phone straight away, while a full commercial edition will be available within a month."

source forbes - http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2...-phone-the-n9/
haven't you seen the community device program yet?
https://meego.com/community/device-program
edit: through the community device program only 250 devices are available, they will be sent out from next week on.
through the commercial (commercial doesn't mean you can buy one) device program at http://developer.nokia.com there are much more. I mean MUCH more.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-06-21 at 16:12.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland