Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
I don't know if this was mentioned before: The port in the image below looks way bigger than a regular micro usb port.

It actually looks like a MHL port:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
haven't you seen the community device program yet?
https://meego.com/community/device-program
edit: through the community device program only 250 devices are available, they will be sent out from next week on.
through the commercial (commercial doesn't mean you can buy one) device program at http://developer.nokia.com there are much more. I mean MUCH more.
Ok, now I'm confused.. In previous post you mentioned that the Meego Competition 2011 will not be giving out 950's for "winners". Which is it? lol

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
As a side-note, the 16:9 image resolution from the 12mpix sensor on the N8-00 is actually 9mpix, so it's pretty close to the 8mpx on the N9. In addition, the N9 has a f/2.2 lens, soo... It looks good?
Yeah, that f/2.2 lens is very appealing. It'a actually the best hardware upgrade, IMO (except for the RAM). Should be able to take sweet pics in low light.

Bazza, it is the "N950", trust me. If you had both device next to each other you'd see the difference.
Chance would be a nice thing....

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

@ Chrome

I hope thats the case as it would make this phone a much more attractive option, although Slashgear did say that it was only micro USB, so here's to hoping. Does anyone know if it's confirmed that there is no usb on the go?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by sevla View Post
Ok, now I'm confused.. In previous post you mentioned that the Meego Competition 2011 will not be giving out 950's for "winners". Which is it? lol
yes, we don't have N950 dev devices for the winners of the MeeGo Coding Competition.
The coding competition has nothing to do with the community device program.
If you've done someting for the maemo/MeeGo community in the past, or plan to do so, just apply for the device program.
I wish you all good luck!

Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Yeah, that f/2.2 lens is very appealing. It'a actually the best hardware upgrade, IMO (except for the RAM). Should be able to take sweet pics in low light.
I'n not that much into photography. Could you explain for us what that kind of lens and sensor means? I just know that it is taking damn good photos...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Quick question, does NFC have the capability one day to be paired up with lets say a NFC HDMI Video adapter, or is the communication speed not rapid enough to stream video?
Not rapid enough. By far.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i think everyone should have a browse through here:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/swipe...g_started.html

I have to say i'm very impressed. They've really learned alot from previous mistakes and upped the game.

is anyone planning on developing for this? i've an idea for an integrated app which i wouldn't mind seeing, i'm not a developer and i've no time to learn.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
I don't know if this was mentioned before: The port in the image below looks way bigger than a regular micro usb port.

It actually looks like a MHL port:

it is micro-usb.

MHL:

MHL is connection agnostic (i.e., not tied to a specific type of hardware connector). The first implementations dual-purpose the most popular mobile connection (micro USB) and the most popular HDTV connection (HDMI). Other than the connectors being used, no USB nor HDMI technology is being used. It is exclusively MHL signalling through the connectors and over the cable. Other proprietary and custom connections are also allowed.

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
the commercial (commercial doesn't mean you can buy one) device program at http://developer.nokia.com there are much more. I mean MUCH more.
Zeh, the figure of 92,000 Dali's has been floated around before. If they are only giving 250 to the community, what is going on with the rest?

I understand they will be (have been) handed out to reviewers, devs, partners, carriers, commercial devs and so on, but the production figure still seems high to account for the difference.

At least I hope commercial developers are obliged to write software if they receive a free/leased Dali. Any info on that?

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland