does the n9 have a notification light for sms/missed calls/emails like the n900?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Just for clarification: the whole thing about future disruptions is about what comes after the N9, not the N9 itself. The N9 is very much about world's firsts: all-screen phone, webkit2 browser, 8 MPIX camera with 16:9 wide angle lens, Dolby Headset support...
The fact that you announce it first doesn't actually make it so.

I thought you were done with this s***.

Love the UI tho, this is how multitasking should work. Droids and all are the most unproductive pieces of... kits.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by debjitbis08 View Post
Has anyone seen a video or something of copy/paste on N9?

Sorry, if this has been discussed earlier.
you can see some nice interaction with the n9 here (this link shows copy and paste):

http://www.developer.nokia.com/swipe...and_Menus.html

'will be available later this year' - now I'm pissed off! I've waited 2 years for this damn thing and I'm going to have to wait for even longer.

I'd be pretty annoyed if it doesn't be on sale in the next 4 weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Just realized how confusing the application launcher homescreen actually is when it's filled with many icons.

does anyone know: will there be a possibility (either out of the box as with symbian, or as a third party application like with the n900) to organize these applications in folders?
I hope I'm wrong, but it might be very hard to do that without a major reworking because the UI software is closed source.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
I just hope this has a better GPS and works better as a phone than N900 does. Might get one if that is the case.

The Following User Says Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Caracas - Miami - Caracas
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And he will FAIL....
Microsoft acquired Skype. (Skype was Scandinavian)

And now that Elop persuaded the nokia stockholders to adopt Windows.

I see a black future for Nokia and Finland. Elop should be inmediately fired. Scandinavian Europe has always been ahead of the world when it comes to Freedom, that is why Broadband internet access is a citizens right there, the region where www.thepiratebay.org, the region where celular technology was invented (Nokia), and the region that created Skype, a vOip software that lets you make free calls and communicate worldwide.

Nokia and Skype were both key areas of The Scandinavian culture and economy.

Nokia with its open source mentality (Meego) was also a threat to north American software/phone companies.

Skype and Nokia should remain European. Skype shouldnt have been sold to microsoft and nokia should not have a CEO that is nonEuropean.

Last edited by Eduardo; 2011-06-21 at 19:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eduardo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Changed my mind. It has to be BLACK

looks cooler afterall
Once you go black you never go back are you sure you want to do it?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
Skype and Nokia should remain European. Skype shouldnt have been sold to microsoft and nokia should not have a CEO that is nonEuropean.
tell that to the shareholders of these multibillion dollar corporations competing in a global economy. im sure such a narrow strategy would go over reeeeaaalllll well.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Wrong its upto the community and the developers to decide!

Time to show him he is wrong. They can still change they strategy if it sells very well. Its upto us to decide if we want MrElop to stay or if we should kick his *** out of Nokia!!!

Btw. Dont forget that N900 also is supported by the community and some Nokia empolyers in form of MeegoN900CE and it has progressed ALOT latest months :-D

Also QT is here to stay Microsoft(or Nokia) can NEVER kill it!

Open SOurce still rules the world.
Mikecomputing, you are acting girlish! Nokia will use Qt on S40. I knew they would rewamp S40, but didn't see this coming. Anyway, Qt is alive like never before at Nokia, and of course, the N9 got Qt.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...MeeGo_Harm.php

What Nokia has done is to outsource most of their software (the heavy part), so they can concentrate on hardware and a small few other key software components. When looking at the N9, a very wise decision.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????