Active Topics

so when can i has one, yo?

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
does the n9 have a notification light for sms/missed calls/emails like the n900?
You get icons on the always-on display. Much nicer than a blinking light.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
You get icons on the always-on display. Much nicer than a blinking light.
Is it confirmed that Nokia is using always on/ light only the pixels used on N9?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
http://felipec.wordpress.com/2011/06...elop-on-meego/

pretty much confirmed from hardware adaptation team. Elop its a BIG LIAR.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Technicalities is more than just the software. You have to build the hardware as well and everything with it.

having mixed feelings....gonna have a love hate relationship with this baby...am so gonna get it

ok from what ive seen and read so far this thing got 3 views which is notification, app menu and multitasking... but (here it comes) do i really want to trade the functionality like having widgets and multiple desktops (that you can customize) for a swipe gesture??? if theyre targeting end users then people must be dumber than i thought, do they really have to simplify everything so people will buy it... pls pls pls correct me if im wrong cause i want to be.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
So when it's lagging you can't get any way out! YAY FOR THE DUMB IDEA!!!!

Even the iphones one/home button is better..

BRING BACK THE DAMN KEYBOARD!

Nokia can have my Dunce hat!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
anyone shed light on how notifications, such as texts, gtalk messages etc are handles during e.g. web browsing for instance?

Is it like the N900?
Yes, similar. You get a thin notification at the top for a couple of seconds, then you either click it or find it later on the notifications homescreen.

A little green flag appears in the statusbar when you have notifications. When the devive is on standby, little icons appear on the screen (like the clock, they never turn off unless the device is in your pocket).

Notifications also appear on the lock screen, and you can swipe them off the screen to directly unlock and view them.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I would guess that there's a better chance of me waking up tomorrow as the Queen of England than of Nokia backporting harmattan to N900.
That's a good one

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
ok from what ive seen and read so far this thing got 3 views which is notification, app menu and multitasking... but (here it comes) do i really want to trade the functionality like having widgets and multiple desktops (that you can customize) for a swipe gesture??? if theyre targeting end users then people must be dumber than i thought, do they really have to simplify everything so people will buy it... pls pls pls correct me if im wrong cause i want to be.
[off]
Well, the iDevice doesn't have even the swipe interface, just the icony mess of a menu. And they love it. Now the real evolution would be taking out the menu as well (its too complicated, users wants simpler devices!), so all you need is a simple button, that launches a random app. There, iDevice Shuffle. Now how did I get here?
[/off]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????