Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Some more thoughts:

First of all, as already mentioned, peter@marketing@nokia already said tha there will be another meego phone... i believe him.

Second, lets be reallistic. Nokia is the one mobile phone company in the world with no credit in their future talking. Rember N900, Harmattan, 4 form 5, Qt, MeeGo... Need to say more? Exactly one year from now, they were making simillar claims and ALL of them were falsified. (I'n referring to management decissions)

So, do you actually believe what they say? I believe that that's theis current strategy, but lets face it... Those words are not credible.

Finally, Elop targets his talks to different groups of people. Like a primeminister, he gives interviews tha are meant for the public, his partners, the opossition or the people inside Nokia. Elop currently mut ensure that N9 must not cause problems with MS ans that people inside Nokia must not believe that this is the future..

Having said all that, I believe that he considers the financial position knowing more than we do. Maemo has a lot of Nokia crap with it... Support for end users, ovi, support for app developers (companies), advertisement, etc. With the MS deal, a lot of them are gone away or reduced.

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Stumbled upon this in one other topic inside forum:
http://www.technet.hu/telefon/201106...dowsos_nokiat/

Watching it at the moment...

~2:30 Sea ray!!! !@#!$!@#$!#@@!
~3:30 Has haptics!

this sucks big time...
this is so lame compared to N9

~11:20 IE, I am so delighted.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-06-23 at 13:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Is this up on you tube or anyother player? The vid linked appears to be taking it's time buffering. Would be nice to watch it without pausing every so often

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
First of all, as already mentioned, peter@marketing@nokia already said tha there will be another meego phone... i believe him.
I don't want to say I don't believe you.
I just would kindly ask for the source.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
He did say that N9 is not disruptive, its whats coming after N9, implying more phones in the works.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
He did say that N9 is not disruptive, its whats coming after N9, implying more phones in the works.
It implies that the proper disrupting devices are still to come (N9 is not one of them) but it doesn't imply that those other disrupting devices will run MeeGo.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
I don't think it's quite true, Nokia will still keep Meego in their back pocket.

IF WP7 is successfull they WILL get to a point where they will see WP7 as a burden and cashing in on Nokia's profits. Investors will want to see better margins this will put pressure on managers to reduce costs. Every business does this, it's a natural process; thats when they will remember Meego and start to throw their muscle behind Meego - and any other disruptive technologies they have developed.

If Elop decided to go purely with WP7 and NOTHING else is in Nokia's back pocket, there would be uproar in the board room.

Think of it this way: ALL investors follow ONE rule - don't put all your eggs in one basket, do you think they will stand for Elop putting all Nokia's eggs in the WP7 basket? I don't think so.

Elop may be the CEO, but the board will be down hard on his *** if he screws up and he knows it. As do the investors.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=46

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
First what an idiot, can't believe they pay those guys such high salary.

First he starts with acknowledging reason for doubting the point as to why release N9 MeeGo in full WP7 transition.

Yes, there is indeed a point! The point is that many innovations of the N9 will live on! The user interface, the beautiful industrial design (argh - what design)
That crap design IS WP7 phone, it does nothing to make MeeGo live on, no, it will hide its ever existence to the masses.

Elop lesson of the day: indeed no more MeeGo phone and when you came, saw and stole an idea for the benefit of your true employers you are making sure the innovation lives on.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Elop leaks the first wp7 nokia phone, the SeaRay, almost identical to the N9.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/n...ges-and-video/

Last edited by debernardis; 2011-06-23 at 14:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan