Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
cool, i think it looks a bit odd tho, having the time etc down the bottom in landscape and it at the top for portrait..

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
where is the lock screen folder located with icons and stuff?

Is there a command to go directly to this lockscreen? I know the one to lock the device but not to lock and go to lockscreen...

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
MohammadAG really is a king programmer.If dont have you, my n900 already in rubbish bin.....

Keep going, I will support you until N9 release, LOL

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
N900 is only 1 phone that I used over 1.5 year. In Hong Kong, I never seen any people use it, all of them using Iphone everywhere...

Some friends ask me why dont use Iphone, I silent and give no reponse to them. Because I know they dont understand. In Hong Kong, there is no any n900 sale anymore...

By the way, MohammadAG , you are my idol!!!

MAG this is a great development. It is brillant we are back to the one tap to open on the power button and then the screens open after one further tap.

Having used the lockscreen for a few hours I cannot see any really need to move the bar from the bottom of the screen or make it "slide to open" as I cannot see the need as a simple tap seems sufficent as I cannot see how you could open the phone accidentially whilst it is in your pocket etc.

Although there is no reason why there could not be both options for users to download?

As far as missed calls etc are concerned I much prefer the icons then the words "missed calls" etc.

Finally any chance the customize the backsreen as, sorry, that is the only thing I dislike!

Please keep up the good work for the N900

This looks (assuming MAG pulls off the design updates) amazing. It's useful already, but of the changes, my vote goes for having clock and media info at the top, icon-marked notifications in the middle and the unlock button/slider at the bottom.

The Following User Says Thank You to alynsparkes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Okay, got the landscape and portrait ones pretty much done.

The reason for new messages being on the left and missed calls on the right is my memory of really old Nokia phones - they always used to have those two on the home screen.
Everything looks great. I guess there is no need for the small gap beween the clock and the media player bar in portrait mode.

And why dont you implement the message & missed call icon sliders in portrait mode too?
How about using red as colour for the missed call icon instead of blue? Most UIs use red as a colour for missed calls.But blue also looks good.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Looks very very nice guys.

From now on, I will always by the same device as MAG.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
As requested, red missed call icon. I'll get to rethinking the portrait mode later. I also cleaned up the unlock icon, and replaced the am/pm with a sun or moon. Icons take up a lot less space than letters

Oh, and Nokia Sans is a great font. While it may not be balanced, at least it's very readable with distinct shapes and lines for each letter.
Nokia Pure's uppercase letters are simply awful.

EDIT: Updated vertical lock screen.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 09:58.