Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Yea, newspapers don't make stuff up.... Look at the N.Y. Post

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Elop reads Engadget,

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/25/n...he-n9-is-a-hi/

and
What more straight an answer can you get than from the Engadet article? If Elop's not coming straight out and saying they have got it wrong then surely it must be right?

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
What more straight an answer can you get than from the Engadet article? If Elop's not coming straight out and saying they have got it wrong then surely it must be right?
The point is in Helsingin Sanomat article, it wasn't clear whether the answer is about a total drop out of Meego even with ít being a success or just not going back to the strategy planned by OPK and co. With this news generating alot of attention and many questioning his position as a true leader of Nokia. I think he should step on and make clear of this.

Self resignation isn't only one way to change CEO. Ho ever, unfortunately, if "deciding powers" would have brain, they would never choose him. We'll see if Nokia is one of the brand to disappear in 2012 (or any near point in future).

I bet on microsoft buying Nokia. Someone want to bet other company?

Maybe we as Maemo community should stop being kind, and start true "offensive" against Elop? they're going to stop financing maemo.org anyway - and as guys from LibreOffice proved, Open Source community can as well finance on it's self - so what we've to loose?

Birds sing that Elop leadership is questioned more and more even at Nokia itself. Good guys there can't just plain ask us for "rebellion", but acting like that may help "spinning outward" moves inside - who knows how far rage from our "little" community can reach. Maybe to some mass-media also? Elop with his egocentric personality is great target, and i personally would like to see him @ mass-media crosshair.

At least it could not get worse that it's now

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-25 at 18:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think we should collect some money, buy some nokia stocks so we are allowed to send two representetives to nokia every time they have meetings for share holders. We will send one in a meego dress and one in the windows 7 dress. They shall start a fight and the meego guy shall knock the windows guy out infront of Elop and all the rest of the share holders so they understand how strong meego is

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Sorry to say that, but it's not even funny. And i was serious in my last post. Really.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
The only reason they haven't pulled the funding thus far is mostly not to give substance to rumours that MeeGo was dead... Or at least that's what makes sense.

Now that those are no longer rumours, and MeeGo is announced to be stillborn in Nokia, by Nokia itself...

Expect it to come. Soon.

<rant>
ugh well that answers that then, k thnx bye nokia.

wont be going Win Phone and sybian's a joke so nokia dont get any more of my money.

so much fail
</rant>

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i want mee go buying this phone NOW

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Someone was asking for a youtube link for the leaked video from the hungarian site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6oidCTUw4s
Let the man do the talking.

I just really want to know how the UI will live on... Hope not in a WP7 or 8

I personally don't mind that Nokia is switching from symbian to WP as long as they keep MeeGo even if not for the avarage customers but for us.

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan