Active Topics

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry to say that, but it's not even funny. And i was serious in my last post. Really.
Too bad your post was so ridiculous and misinformed that people couldn't take you seriously.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Elop made a mediated choice: the partnership with Microsoft. If one day, he announce that this choice, jeopardize jobs and money (and other factors) was the bad one, I let you imagine the consequences ? He can't admit it (MeeGo back or Plan B).
I'm maybe wrong but this possibility exist.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia has gone from a company where you thought your input welcome (and it wasn't but you didn't know it) to a company where your input isn't welcome and you know it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Sometimes I do feel like Elop is doing his best to kill Nokia. He wants instant success so he decided on Windows Phone instead of Android. In house they have a great product that can be a success and rule their own f* ecosystem but no let's dump it even before it get to consumers and start from the beginning. He said many great features found in N9 will be available on WP, does he mean the lack of HDMI or the swipe UI that got praised all over the web? Seriously, what the hell ??

PS. I need some coffee
IMO, android looks like child's toy compared to meego.

The Following User Says Thank You to turbowei For This Useful Post:
some of you guys live in denial or what ?

Elop is not stupid - he knows what he said - and he knows what the paper printed - and he knows how rumours will get started as Gerbick said - and he knows how such rumours will impact N9 release and sales.

Does he come out and issue a clarification in a press release ? Does he call the paper and say "Actually thats not what I meant ?"

No he does not.

What do you think that means ?

Use some common sense people - Elope, the CEO, is not trying his hardest push the N9, which is THE main product AT THIS TIME when windows phone has not been released yet.

And this is ALL you need to know about future Meego support by Nokia.

Any argument about "other sources" and some "interpretation" of what his words meant are just a waste of time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
some of you guys live in denial or what ?

Elop is not stupid - he knows what he said - and he knows what the paper printed - and he knows how rumours will get started as Gerbick said - and he knows how such rumours will impact N9 release and sales.

Does he come out and issue a clarification in a press release ? Does he call the paper and say "Actually thats not what I meant ?"

No he does not.

What do you think that means ?

Use some common sense people - Elope, the CEO, is not trying his hardest push the N9, which is THE main product AT THIS TIME when windows phone has not been released yet.

And this is ALL you need to know about future Meego support by Nokia.

Any argument about "other sources" and some "interpretation" of what his words meant are just a waste of time.
the guy is a idiot. WP7 its year behind meego. n9 is ready

w7-w8 are not. even with mango meego superior multitask years ahead.

and yes its pretty obvious he trying to destroy nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
the guy is an idiot ?

that only applies if you think his goal is to advance meego

if his goal is to advance wp at all costs then he has been scoring goals

i always find it amusing that armchair pundits can call ceos idiots without qualifying their comments - by any measure the ceo is actually there and much more successful then the pundit who criticises without action or consrquences

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
We can fight back this and atleast make sure WP doesnt success in northeuropean. Northeuropeans should just boycott WP phones comming from Nokia and buy N9 even if MrFlop is trying to kill it and say it will not have apps etc...

Yeah I know we are very few people in northeur... but atleast we can make Meego alive in north european. I mean even norwegian people should dislike if Qt gets killed in the long run

Qt and part of Linux is a our innovations so dont let Microsoft killit.

I have ZERO respect for MS and even if the new WP7 phones from Nokia will have HDMI tripplecore CPU and adobeflash or whatever I will simply not buy it! Not even if this was the only opinion in the future then I beter not have a smartphone thats for sure.
dude, you should start a campaign against nokia...

heard of those hungerstrike movements...?

you should do a gadgetstrike... protest them by living for 30+ days without any electronic gadgets whatsoever.... that'll show 'em!!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
My favourite part was where he assumed that a region of the world encompassing several countries actually collectively care about the "open-ness" of a smartphone OS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
the guy is an idiot ?

that only applies if you think his goal is to advance meego

if his goal is to advance wp at all costs then he has been scoring goals

i always find it amusing that armchair pundits can call ceos idiots without qualifying their comments - by any measure the ceo is actually there and much more successful then the pundit who criticises without action or consrquences
The CEO is there and successful because he is there? Why is he there? Why this MS tied American?
How high do you estimate the number of qualified persons available to lead Nokia to success with Maemo / MeeGo as lead OS? That is what we want right? That is what Nokia wanted (?) two years ago isn't it?

Then why not choose some Linux minded Chinese for CEO. 1.3 Billion Chinese available and if only 1 on 100 million qualifies, that still leaves 13 potential Elop replacements.

At least this CEO would understand Nokia's main target market better. There is a fight going on in the low end mobile sector too, remember?

But no - there is only one Elop that can guide Nokia to the light

Last edited by ste-phan; 2011-06-26 at 10:38.

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan