Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
What a looser. Saab, for instance, has been dead for years, it is common knowledge. Saab has never made money, but a few years ago the main (most influential) investor got tired playing with his toy. Sony Ericsson is definitely not dead, they looked dead in second half of 2010, but is now very much alive, looks to me like a random prediction.

And Nokia is not dead. They will simply shrink to be a smaller company for a while. WP phones may actually branch off to a separate entity owned mostly by MS, but the rest of Nokia will continue on although instead of being a big fish, they will be a medium fish.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
They would be good for Nokia but I'm not sure how good Nokia would be for them, though. As was written a few weeks ago regarding Nokia's worth, it might be worth more in pieces (patents, manufacturing business, etc.).
Yes, they probably would be good for Nokia, but bad for Meego. There is still (slim) possibility that Nokia will make another/true Meego handset.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tonspaa View Post
Yes, they probably would be good for Nokia, but bad for Meego. There is still (slim) possibility that Nokia will make another/true Meego handset.
Yeah.. an N950 for developers only. :P heh On the oher hand, I don't see how any of that would make any difference to MeeGo, seeing as how it's already part of the Linux Foundation and free for anyone to use anyway.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia