Notices

Originally Posted by ohookins View Post
Hi, does anybody know who is maintaining eCoach right now (don't say "nobody")? I have tried to email both Sampo and Jukka and not received any reply.

Basically, I have added backend support for OviMaps normal, satellite and normal+publictransport sources and would like to see this patched version become publicly available.

If nobody is really at the helm then I may be willing to take over maintainership (although realistically how much maintenance can be done is to be determined). Any help is appreciated.
If you have changed the thing to use PRE-LOADED ovi-maps then you have my vote! This is VERY relevant to my interests!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ campinas, brazil
Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
Hey guys. First of all let me say thank you for the great app you are developing. Please put paypal donate button on ecoach site, so we could support developer(s) - we need him(them) now more than ever.

Second of all, let me give you feedback from dedicated mountain biker point of view and add my voice to previous feedbacks:
1. Audible signal when reaching at least max HR (ideally - when reaching aerobic/anaerobic/max HR) Not important feature: ability to use your own recorded ogg/mp3 files for that.
2. Calorie Calculator
3. Autopause(with ability to turn it off)

HeiaHeia guys, I know you monitor this thread too: thanks for the service! Do you plan to implement HR and speed graph on your website? I can see it in ecoach but heiaheia only displays average and max HR and map only, no graphs. And some additional logs other than weight log would be nice: like resting HR, blood pressure, waistline to monitor changes in the fitness.

Coupon code "endomondo" will shave $5 off your Zephyr price. Not much, but at least something)

I totally agree with all the points here (calories counter, heiaheia, audible signal)

Last edited by r_evangelista; 2011-06-22 at 16:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to r_evangelista For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by r_evangelista View Post
hi lgarratt, did you make any progress trying to put HR on endomondo? I recently bought the HxM but I'm disappointed that I can't export the HR data to endomondo (or to sports-tracker). Does anybody have a sample of a gpx file of endomondo that includes the HR data?
No I didn't, the timestamps for HR and GPS do not align and can often be irregular so I was unable to figure out an easy way in the small amount of time I allocated to it.

Hopefully the devs porting it to Meego expand the upload sites, I found Heia Heia a little basic.

How far is the QT version of eCoach?
Would it be possible to a have a plugin model for several features?
  • upload portal
  • map sources
  • heart rate provider

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Rio/Brazil
Originally Posted by mvonweis View Post
That reminds me, I patched 1.66 some time ago. You can find it attached.

I did talk to Polar last summer about sharing the specs but it became clear that they don't know how open source works or what they can gain from it. Basically they require an NDA in order to hand out the specs. The problem of course is that if you sign the NDA and implement the protocol, you can't share the source code without breaking the NDA.

I don't know anything much about the future of eCoach, you'll have to ask @sampppa. IIRC, Qt is the way to go.

--Martin
Hello! Thanks for your eCoach patch.
I am having trouble making it work. 1.64 worked till 2 days ago, sometimes I had to pair heart monitor but it was working--now, nada. I have uninstalled 1.64 e installed your but still, eCoach recognizes it but nothing happens when I run eCoach. Screen shows Wait... forever!! Any tips? So far I am updating N900's firmware. I have backed up my files and was trying to learn how to flash and restore factory settings--but I am afraid of doing it. Mostly considering that in Brazil there are little (if any) support for N900. I bought mine in the US. Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers from Rio!
Neila

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Yes but wasn't the intention to allow the kernel hackers to work on pre-release hardware? After the hardware was released for sale, the NDA would be void and they could release the source code under the GPL.

Anyway, basically you're just translating the protocol spec from English into C or C++. The same details are visible in the source code. If the company considers the protocol a trade secret you can't share the source code. Or that's how I understand it (IANAL).
Generally chipset specs are given under the NDA in condition developer can wrote open source driver. It means you are not allowed to publish specs, just keep those as your own info.

Usually it goes something like that;
1) get initial ACK that it is OK to wrote open driver using specs/SDK
2) wrote an NDA in order to get that info
3) make driver
4) review that driver and get ACK to release driver from vendor
5) release driver

Originally Posted by gunni View Post
A little bugreport, if ecoach is still developed on:

If running with heartrate monitor (i use the patched version from mvonweiss) sometimes it seems that heartrate monitor disconnects, or at least wont get saved (happened twice only, from 20 times, so no big deal). The problem is, that ecoach then only calculates the time where heartrate data is available, but should take the time where gps data is available, as the distance is taken from the gps.

As example, if running 1 hour, 10 km, but heartrate monitor disconnects after 30 minutes, eCoach says you ran 30 minutes average speed 20km/h.
It would be best if ecoach adds a dummy heartrate value, as heiaheia has the same problem, and this way it could be prevented.
Now, if i see this, i manually add a dummy value for the heartrate with the latest time from gps.
Hi there,
I have used 1,64 v without much trouble for about 3 weeks but now nothing works. I have tried 1.66 v too and nothing. Sometimes not even recognizes Polar belt.
Any ideas?
I thought about restoring mobile to it original settings but it seems very complicated and dangerous. Maybe I could just clean all eCoach files, but I don't really know how to access it.
Is there any quick guide available on how this OS works? I am pretty good with Windows and have a little bit knowledge of programming logic. I can do this, just want to be sure I will not damage the device.
Thanks!
Cheers from Rio,
Neila

That reminds me, I patched 1.66 some time ago. You can find it attached.

I did talk to Polar last summer about sharing the specs but it became clear that they don't know how open source works or what they can gain from it. Basically they require an NDA in order to hand out the specs. The problem of course is that if you sign the NDA and implement the protocol, you can't share the source code without breaking the NDA.

I don't know anything much about the future of eCoach, you'll have to ask @sampppa. IIRC, Qt is the way to go.

--Martin
Hi Martin, just to inform other users, as it seems there is no solution, This 1.66 patch does not work on my N900.

Please, if anyone has the solution for this.. let us know.
In Brazil is not easy to return things to the US.

Thanks!

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Hi

http://ecoachmeego.blogspot.com/

Some info about Qt eCoach

I am no longer actively maintaining or developing eCoach for N900... I now concentrate on Harmattan only.

Originally Posted by neiloca View Post
Hi Martin, just to inform other users, as it seems there is no solution, This 1.66 patch does not work on my N900.

Please, if anyone has the solution for this.. let us know.
In Brazil is not easy to return things to the US.

Thanks!
Hi Neiloca, unfortunately I don't think I can help you. I am not an active developer, merely another eCoach user. I've only applied and modified a patch by Antti so that it worked with my Polar belt and then recompiled and released .debs for 1.64 and 1.66. The latest .deb works fine on my N900 with the community SSU release.

Do you have problems starting eCoach, or problems connecting to the Polar heart rate belt?

--Martin