Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Marxian,

Love the effort and time you put into improving this into being the best youtube app ever bar none!

I don't know why, but playlist and queue play often hangs at the end or before the next video stuck at loading... Sometimes, single video play gets stuck at beginning until I move the timebar to another point for it to rebuffer seems like. Are you experiencing the same? If you get the chance, can you look into it?

Really appreciate all you do bud!
I've experienced this a few times and I've already fixed it for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Love Marxian, the Northern Soul boy \o/

For all the guys banging on about Caching.....download the damn videos! It ain't hard. Tick, tick, tick, tick - down arrow.....done!

'Kin 'ell. Gotta meet Marxian halfway here tbh and do something for ourselves rather than re-writing an App to accomodate demands that can easily be met by downloading.

If I was a developer, I would be beating people up by now lol.

can the cutetube player be in full screen insted of the annoying bar above ? or is this only happening to me ?

Thanks for the updates.

I get a segfault when using the command line -play with the latest versions, is it no more supported?

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Thanks for the updates.

I get a segfault when using the command line -play with the latest versions, is it no more supported?
I broke it with some of the recent code changes. I'll see if I can fix it for the next update, which should be ready later today. The next release has support for Dailymotion and vimeo, so I want to add command line options for those videos too.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Any news on your BeBeCe player as I note you haven't updated that thread for a while?

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Any news on your BeBeCe player as I note you haven't updated that thread for a while?
I haven't had much time to work on it, as I've been working on the cuteTube update. After further research and testing, it seems that none of the available BBC streams will play on the device. I was hoping to use the iPhone stream, but some changes made by the BBC mean that it is no longer possible to access it.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Eventually, I managed to get the videos that I downloaded with cuteTube and get_iplayer working by using KMplayer + mplayer. MPlayer cannot be hw accellerated at the moment so initialise the playback then quickly press pause to locally cache. A glossy 360p, which looks "ok" (good but not amazing) on a 42"; importantly, no jumping though. Going over 360p (approx 500kbps) does cause jumping and sound to de-synchronise when video isn't h/w accellerated.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Bit off topic but I am currently working on a simple get_iplayer webpage-UI (js & ht/x-ml) but got to brush up on my cgi-scripting to actually retrieve the content. Nothing to compare with qml-/cute-Tube but better than trying to remember all the flags and settings for get_iplayer!

Edit:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I haven't had much time to work on it, as I've been working on the cuteTube update. After further research and testing, it seems that none of the available BBC streams will play on the device. I was hoping to use the iPhone stream, but some changes made by the BBC mean that it is no longer possible to access it.
Thanks for looking into this. The good news, I suppose, is that a download client does exist for iPlayer: However its commands are quite difficult to manage/remeber hence the need for a more user friendly client. As mentioned above, I had trouble playing iPlayer video with nokiaplayer but mplayer works ok - guess it's the way each accesses/uses the codecs.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-06-28 at 08:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Version 1.0.0 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Added fully featured support for Dailymotion and vimeo.
* YouTube authentication is now performed via AuthSub, removing the need for password storage.
* Removed the need for YouTube login upon startup.
* Code re-factoring and minor bug-fixes.

The existing YouTube accounts table will be deleted, so you'll need to create a new account and authenticate using AuthSub (similar to OAuth 2.0). Both Dailymotion and vimeo use OAuth for authentication. You can create multiple accounts for each site, and switch between them as before.

My website

GitHub

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for the nice update. Was wondering whether there is any update of xtube with those javascript errors fixed?

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube