Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
hey guys does nfs shift work on n900 and i am not able to send or reccieve msgs nd one more thing some apps are not visible in amdroid market but the show on android market website like contract killer, ashphalt lite free nd much more
yes need for speed shift works fine

you can send messages via Umay

all market apps should show fine by default

Originally Posted by Kevstacey View Post
yes need for speed shift works fine

you can send messages via Umay

all market apps should show fine by default
I have n12 installed but when i send sms to someone it never get delevired nor i can recceive and not all app are visible like zombiebooth

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
hey guys does nfs shift work on n900 and i am not able to send or reccieve msgs nd one more thing some apps are not visible in amdroid market but the show on android market website like contract killer, ashphalt lite free nd much more
Firstly, I'm assuming you're using NFS Shift Froyo version, unfortunately you'll have to look and search a bit for a version that works with Gbread, happened with me.

Secondly, AFAIK you won't find Gameloft games in the Android Market, because of that return money policy, so, yeah... you know what to do

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
It is lokking like the nitdroid project is slowly dieing or I'm missing some information sources about the project

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
It is lokking like the nitdroid project is slowly dieing or I'm missing some information sources about the project
Hmm! I don't think so. The guys behind this project are working hard. I'm not surprised that it takes some times, we are talking abgout porting a full working OS to the nokia N900. It's not a kid thing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
WIKI updated, new section added (took me a whole 1hr:23mins to type ) about installing NITDroid by repartitioning the eMMC, since I'm receiving a lot of messages about running low on memory space. Installation instructions added, and I'm ready for questions.

@fw190
You're wrong. Mighty E-yes cracked voice calling already, it's just a matter of time.

Instead of adding a new section for installing different versions of Nitdroid by the same way, I just split the WIKI to two parts, one for installing any version using the previous way (copying to /home) and how to repartition the internal memory.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Okay, here's the deal. I am sooo worn out with reading the zillions of post on how to install nitdroid correctly. I have been searching and trying all of these methods. I don't mean to be a noob but...hey..it is what it is.

Now what I've learnt is how to install the NITDroid to the emmc (which i've learnt is not an external card but the memory on the n900 itself anyways..) Well I have a 16gb micro sd class 10 and I want to install gingerbread/& nitdroid with multiboot on it.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASSSSSSEEE (be gracious and merciful please ) direct me to a post that's most helpful with doing just that please?

If even a youtube video or whatever can help me with doing this. So far all I've been able to do is get a multiboot option when I restart my n900 but the nitdroid option is never there and I'm also a little unsure if my 16gb micro has partitioned properly.

PLEASE HELP, IF EVEN YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE! I REALLY WANT THIS! REALLYY!!

THANK YOU!

UPDATE: When trying to run nitdroid installation it stays stuck on Formatting /dev/mmcb1k1p2 (ext3).... :'( PLEASE HELP

Last edited by galogeek; 2011-06-30 at 21:32.

Originally Posted by galogeek View Post
Okay, here's the deal. I am sooo worn out with reading the zillions of post on how to install nitdroid correctly. I have been searching and trying all of these methods. I don't mean to be a noob but...hey..it is what it is.

Now what I've learnt is how to install the NITDroid to the emmc (which i've learnt is not an external card but the memory on the n900 itself anyways..) Well I have a 16gb micro sd class 10 and I want to install gingerbread/& nitdroid with multiboot on it.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASSSSSSEEE (be gracious and merciful please ) direct me to a post that's most helpful with doing just that please?

If even a youtube video or whatever can help me with doing this. So far all I've been able to do is get a multiboot option when I restart my n900 but the nitdroid option is never there and I'm also a little unsure if my 16gb micro has partitioned properly.

PLEASE HELP, IF EVEN YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE! I REALLY WANT THIS! REALLYY!!

THANK YOU!

UPDATE: When trying to run nitdroid installation it stays stuck on Formatting /dev/mmcb1k1p2 (ext3).... :'( PLEASE HELP
Lol dude you're kidding me right?! I assume you're using the autoinstaller from the repos? This one is very old and it hangs while formatting the microsd and it installs a very old froyo version.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Lol dude you're kidding me right?! I assume you're using the autoinstaller from the repos? This one is very old and it hangs while formatting the microsd and it installs a very old froyo version.
Actually....no Im not and honestly its the only one that explaons step by step how to install on the MMC instead of the EMMC. So thats y I kinda stuck with it.

Any other HELPFUL advice you may have? Like perhaps one that gets me the latest version installed correctly onto my micro and multibooted?

Thank u for responding

Originally Posted by galogeek View Post
Actually....no Im not and honestly its the only one that explaons step by step how to install on the MMC instead of the EMMC. So thats y I kinda stuck with it.

Any other HELPFUL advice you may have? Like perhaps one that gets me the latest version installed correctly onto my micro and multibooted?

Thank u for responding
Okay chill man, there ya go:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72365
Read it carefully, and read it thoroughly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid