Active Topics

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Wait, what exactly are you using to get command-line access - is it the multiboot recovery shell, or something else?

If you're using what I think you're using, it blue arrow + q should work as 1 as normal.
in deed m r c, but you'd think that would work, but no such luck

gav

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
If you know what the command you need is, and you have only one command with those beginning characters, you can use Ctrl+i - the shell interprets that as a tab key. So you can use that to auto-complete the command you're trying to run, hopefully.

If fn+key isn't working, you probably don't have the right keymap loading. *Shrug* You might be missing the loadkmap binary and/or the right .kmap file in the right paths. But with auto-complete you should be able to get by.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
If you know what the command you need is, and you have only one command with those beginning characters, you can use Ctrl+i - the shell interprets that as a tab key. So you can use that to auto-complete the command you're trying to run, hopefully.

If fn+key isn't working, you probably don't have the right keymap loading. *Shrug* You might be missing the loadkmap binary and/or the right .kmap file in the right paths. But with auto-complete you should be able to get by.
you sir! are a god send!, i'm on the mmc1 now , right now to copy the bootfile over and pray

gav

for some reason its not finding anyfiles at all on my sd card o.O which is odd i ls and all i get is the test mkdir's i made, something makes me thinks this isnt actually the sd card?

gav

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hey, really sorry I completely forgot this thread - I hope your N900 has been fixed or at least you haven't been badly distressed if not... The N900 doesn't mount the eMMC (/home, /opt, and MyDocs) or the microSD cards that early in the boot process - I.E. when you first get to the command prompt, those devices aren't mounted.

Your eMMC might be mounted if you're using multiboot, because I'm not 100% sure what multiboot does/doesn't do by default (been a while since I looked at their boot scripts, and I didn't look that info up at the time.

Anyway, I must apologize because I can't guide you further - I don't actually know HOW to use the "mount" command properly - I'm only getting around to learning it myself currenty. If I get the time to fiddle some more soon, I'll post here how to do it.

thank your replying, no luck yet im affraid, not found a way as of yet to mount mmc, i shall keep on trying

gav

it should be something along the lines of "mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/". mmcblk0p# is the internal memory (/home /opt MyDocs). mmcblk1p# should be the microsd card. whatever you have on it then should be under /mnt/

The Following User Says Thank You to exuvo For This Useful Post:
well still no luck, ive going to repurchase an n900 in september, currently using an n80 at the moment as my 5800 is currently in a bowl of rice [ yeah guess why] sigh, pity its still broken.
anyone got any final ideas?

exuvo: i tried that but auto complete on that bash shell doesnt always auto finish to what i want and since you cant manually enter numbers im once again stuck =/

sorry for bumping this up

gav