I'm having problems debugging my app. I have C++ file handler functions in the app, and the app runs fine in Qt simulator. On device, when I launch the app through hildon-desktop, it doesn't read the info stored in the files. The strange thing is that when I launched the app through terminal by 'run-standalone.sh ./stockona,' it works flawlessly.

I could route some of the debug messages to QML to see why launching through hildon-desktop doesn't work, but is there other easier way to debug this? Is this file permission issue?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-06 at 02:42.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
1. What user are you running under when you exec it from xterm?
2. What does the hildon-desktop script run when you click it? Paste that.
3. Can you change the hildon-desktop script to use run-standalone.sh if it doesn't already do that?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
1. What user are you running under when you exec it from xterm?
2. What does the hildon-desktop script run when you click it? Paste that.
3. Can you change the hildon-desktop script to use run-standalone.sh if it doesn't already do that?
Thanks uvatbc!

1. root
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Name=stockona
Exec=/opt/stockona/bin/stockona
Icon=stockona
X-Window-Icon=
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
3. I changed the 'Exec=/opt/stockona/bin/stockona' to 'Exec=run-standalone.sh /opt/stockona/bin/stockona' and it doesn't work, either.

Also I have routed the debug message to QML and confirmed the file was not opened correctly. Looks like permission issue, I thought all applications by default have root access?

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-05 at 22:09.

I figured out why... the default directory when launching from hildon-desktop is the root directory (/)... I stored the files at /opt/stockona so that's why it didn't work.