Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Great, at least it's still moving

Originally Posted by deleet View Post
I understand that there are other chat protocols available on modern smartphones, plenty of them.

However, I believe you're not looking at the whole picture, we are different in many ways such as:
  • available on mobile phones only
  • our interface looks a lot better and is easier to use
  • social components bring a real close-friend network to your phone
  • message delivery receipts (sent/delivered/read)
  • posting of status messages onto Facebook and Twitter
  • much more...

This is really just the beginning of a 20 page list, but I'm only allowed to reveal the first paragraph

I'm waiting for this app as push and offline msg (roaming is no go for internet connection) is one big thing to have. I just don't know why you refuse to support real computers. Isn't it better to have same chat everywhere? If I'm by my computer I would much rather type on it than on the phone (and that's with n900 that has good keyboard). If you also include high quality security like skype I think that you would have a winner on your hands

please get this up quick... i am dying for it...

N900 is a **** of a device for IM... the IM plugins dont work, and there are no real apps either...

LiveProfile will be a real messiah for thousands of people like me who expect a phone (or a computer) to atleast handle IM.

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post

N900 is a **** of a device for IM... the IM plugins dont work, and there are no real apps either...

LiveProfile will be a real messiah for thousands of people like me who expect a phone (or a computer) to atleast handle IM.
weirdly enough am sure thousands of users can testify to IM working fine. The plugins also work fine. whats your problem with it?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post

Actually, there are many IM's that link directly into Conversations and from my experience, they all work just fine. (Skype, Google Talk, Facebook, Jabber, MSN, the now dead OVI etc).

As for IM clients, the N900 is not an iPhone or Android phone which needs seperate applications for IM, that is the whole point of conversations, all these IM's rolled into one. If LiveProfile and Whatsapp could be added to the VoIP and IM accounts it would be great.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-07-10 at 20:36.

I would agree. There's nothing that could replace typing on my PC..even though my n900 has a great keyboard ..

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Actually, there are many IM's that link directly into Conversations and from my experience, they all work just fine. (Skype, Google Talk, Facebook, Jabber, MSN, the now dead OVI etc).

As for IM clients, the N900 is not an iPhone or Android phone which needs seperate applications for IM, that is the whole point of conversations, all these IM's rolled into one. If LiveProfile and Whatsapp could be added to the VoIP and IM accounts it would be great.
i prefer it owns client.

conversations its get, but can seem to work group chat implementation. neither skype, google talk or any service.

and file transfer dont work so great either.

Liveprofile twitter update:

Check out our blog later today RT @symbian3_id: @LiveProfile any information update about @LiveProfile for symbian?

i know it says symbian but lets see if some maemo news comes along with it.

www.liveprofile.com

@deleet
how are things coming along withbthis app? I'm not seeing any recent updates here and lp has like a twitter black out

eagerly waiting for dis app...