Active Topics

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
I can't comment on the S2 but the S1 was crap compared to N900. One of the reasons I ditched it after 1month. Using Sennheiser and shu headphones. The GalaxyTab also sounds poor compared to N900 and so did the OmniaHD. I think audioqual is not one of Samsung's strengths.
But again, I have not had time to try an S2 yet.
You got to be kidding!

Galaxy S has the best flat freq response (except apple)

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Have you tried volumecontroldaemon ? Works wonders.
I did, it destroys the quality at high volumes. Dosnt feel the quality loss with regular earbuds, like what i have senheiser sets, but u DO see the huge quality difference (especially at highs) with UE Tri Fi 10 ans high end shure sets.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Funny, I'm using shure's E2xx or something, and I need a homemade adapter to reduce the sound level of my n900 (or any device I use it with actually, laptop, walkman and all).
That beeing said, I haven't tried the S2, so I couldn't compare.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
You got to be kidding!

Galaxy S has the best flat freq response (except apple)

i saw this too, before i got mine. certainly was not true for mine....

Originally Posted by rosh View Post
I did, it destroys the quality at high volumes. Dosnt feel the quality loss with regular earbuds, like what i have senheiser sets, but u DO see the huge quality difference (especially at highs) with UE Tri Fi 10 ans high end shure sets.
should not happen unless your music files are overnormalized.
its crystal clear here with both sennheiser and shure headphones.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
if an android phone that is from this year has less good audio than two year old n900 then it really is bigfail.
Why is that? AFAIK, there hasn't been any breakthroughs in audio related electronics/signal processing recently. Bad audio equals sloppy R&D or crappy components, but I'm sure there will be phones with worse audio five years from now.