Originally Posted by pali View Post
I think this is irrelevant. -headers package is not in user/ section, so it dont have to be in /opt. Original kernel-headers is in sdk repository and extras has not section sdk...
Sorry, are You 100% sure that it's not pulled down with kernel? I never installed it manually on the device, yet, it was sitting on my rootfs. I noticed only, when it appeared as ready to update in FAP.

It may be only me - but better to check anyway. If someone can deny auto-installing it with kernel (which is most likely, looking @ dependencies), just ignore this post. Just want to be sure, that we're not facing any repo-dependencies related bug
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I think this should be added to first post

Install in sequence:
1. kernel-power_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
2. kernel-power-modules_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
3. kernel-power-flasher_1:2.6.28-10power48_armel.deb
4. kernel-power-settings_0.12_armel.deb
5. reboot
I think that's not necessary. Usually you use dpkg -i kernel* in the directory in which the kernel-files are, don't you? dpkg does the rest. IMHO people who just copy&paste strings into their terminals without knowing what they do should wait till v48 appears in the repos anyway.

Ray

The Following User Says Thank You to Ray-Ven For This Useful Post:
I hoped, with v48 I'll be able to boot into meego (sdhc) again, unfortunately I can't. Does that only work with u-boot? Or do I have to install multiboot on meego to? Or is it, that you didn't put a necessary flag somewhere?
I managed to boot into meego with a ugly workaround but don't you want to compile a u-boot-ready kernel too? I think a lot n900 users want to mess with meego on their sd-cards

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Sorry, but Council IGNORE ME
* I sent mail with problem
* I reported problem in thread Ask Council http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1036835
* I raised bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12284

All without answer!
Hey, just so you know, the council don't have any more power than you. We've collectively bugged Neils (X-Fade) repeatedly about your problems. He's the guy who needs to fix things. We don't control the repositories...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
We don't control the repositories...
That's very scary...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by Ray-Ven View Post
I managed to boot into meego with a ugly workaround but don't you want to compile a u-boot-ready kernel too? I think a lot n900 users want to mess with meego on their sd-cards
No ugly workauround needed, only the manual way of integrating u-boot into power48.
I tried it and it works perfect. No mess with multiboot and nitdroid. Slider open boots up Meego and run noloboot gives me the multiboot menu with default kernel, power48, Nitdroid and BackupMenu.
I can post a small guide when I'm back home.

Greetz,

J4ZZ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
After couple of days, battery is still a hit for sure unlike v46. But it seems a little better over v47. With heavy use and xlv profile running at 900 gave me little less than 6 hrs. With nominal use and xlv profile running at 900 gave me abt 10 hrs which is quite acceptable.

Now two things i notice, one it is taking longer for battery to charge and two there are sudden drops in battery power towards the end.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by Ray-Ven View Post
...I think a lot n900 users want to mess with meego on their sd-cards
And I think you are right, yeeeeaaahh!!!

is this fully stable yet? it dint hit the repos yet:S

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Installed... For now, no problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vento For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou