Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
will this work in india ?

Why it should not? Just use common sense. This application (with database triggers enabled, as per first post) keep and eye on time of You'r every call, + number of sms, if You want it too. You set all parameters manually. So, what is it there, that can work in Antarctica, and can't for India?

----

As for scripts itself - here in Poland, most operator count free minutes/sms/mms as follows:
1 sms = 1 minute = 1 mms (under 100 kb)

As You can easily presume, it's much more cost effective to always use mms instead of sms - even, when You want to type only text. Is it possible to add any param to count mms just like You did with sms?

I know that this may be complicated, cause mms is suported via fMMS... I don't even know if such a connections are even stored in evenlogger. Especially Havoc mode.

Just my little uneducated suggestion - mms always use different settings (ap) - so maybe tracking data connections from configurable (via user setting it) connection point only (to not confuse it with normal data connections) may help to achieve this? Is data connection stored in eventlogger?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

@Estel couldnt find anything in eventlogger related to mms. So unfortunately cant be done at present.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
AFAIK fMMS use just data connection (every mms phone do it, although hiding it from user) via 2.5G. The point is, that it connect to "different" provider, aka mobile access point (or how it's called?). The point is that using predefinied access point for mms, You're not charged for data connection (although physically it *is* data connection).

That's why I suggested, that it may be worth checking eventlogger for data connections - if it is possible to determine which ("connection settings"), ap was used.

Sorry if You already checked for that - I wanted to be sure that my suggestion wasn't understand wrong way BTw, maybe it's possible to ask fMMS developer to add some backend, that You can use in this hack? Is it possible?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
@t4ure4n. Sms capability is now added. Set SMSPERMINUTE=2 to in freecalls.sh in your case. Also, the minutes are rounded off to a minute.
I am going to check the SMS functionality now.

Glad that you added functionality for free numbers,
I had already updated your SQL for this as I make lots of calls to 150 which is free for T-Mobile.

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
With regards to your free minutes not being updated, i think your triggers function in the database (Step 1) is not working. The triggers script i linked to is for firmware 1.2 and above.
I found the problem:
My minutes update on the 9th of every month,
I used MONTH_STARTDAY=09 but it didn't work but when I used MONTH_STARTDAY=9 it worked... so I guess it will be a good idea to have your script check this.

A potential Bug

I have noticed that If you clear the "Recent Calls List" the counter starts again. This may not be a problem for people who leave their call log but I clear my recent call list every few days.

Can any one else please varify this?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
I need help... I am so noob I guess XD

What means that...? "1. Enable endtime recording in database following the triggers script here"

helppp?
?

Last edited by kralde; 2011-07-16 at 13:46.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
I need help... I am so noob I guess XD

How I can change the free minutes value?? I dont understand the thing that the 1st post said about trigger... help?
To Update the free minutes value, open freecalls.sh either on PC and update values as shown red

Code:
# the day of the month at which your provider starts counting minutes
MONTH_STARTDAY=here
# Free minutes alloted in the month
FREEMINUTES=here
#Number of sms messages per minute (has to be integer)
SMSPERMINUTE=here
You have to set up triggers by downloading triggers.txt from the link
copy it to MyDocs folder on N900 and run these commands from terminal

1. Open terminal

2. Navigate to MyDocs Folder
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
3. Setup triggers

Code:
sqlite3 -batch /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db < triggers.txt
The last command (step 3) is in single line

Last edited by t4ure4n; 2011-07-16 at 13:55.

This looks like a good hack, but the instructions are too techy for me, can anyone simplify them?

Cheers

Originally Posted by skip0pot2mus View Post
This looks like a good hack, but the instructions are too techy for me, can anyone simplify them?

Cheers
Well, I creaed and uploaded a new package to the extras-testing repository
minutemonitor that packages a daemon to update end_time and provide a call period summary GUI. I wrote it to match the call plan I have, some of the details are in the description, but for someone non-technical it comes working out of the box.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/minutemonitor/