Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Haha no wonder you've been quieter than usual of late.

Is it yours to keep or have they loaned it to you? I had a little poke around because I was going to pretend to be a Dev to get one, but there were all these rules and stipulations that I couldn't be bothered in the end lol.

I bet you did the Dmitri dance when you got it. Jammy bastad! ;-)
Officially, it's a loan, but I believe that's just for legal purposes. I'm working on the Meego-Harmattan port of cuteTube atm. Freemantle should be getting Qt Components at some point, so I'll be back-porting the Meego-Harmattan version when that happens. In the meantime, I'll still be updating the current Freemantle version.

From my usage so far, I don't think having the hardware keyboard is as much of an advantage in Harmattan as it is with Freemantle. Most of the applications are not optimised to be used with it, which is understandable given that the consumer device uses virtual keyboard only. You cannot use keyboard shortcuts in the browser, for example (e.g jump to top/bottom of page, move to next text field etc). There is also the fact that some of the stock applications (music player, video player, task manager, application list) are portrait only atm. All this could change before the final release, of course.

I'll shut up now incase I breach the NDA.

Some very early screenshots of the Meego-Harmattan version:

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-07-15 at 22:23.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
@ marxian it would be nice if the icon inside ur applications use in-apps icon, mean whatever u change the theme it will follow ur theme background, e.g ; i u use black theme it will change to grey, while red it will pink. like this.

unfortunately nokia didnt provide it, shame symbian anna has in-app icon, i attached psd if u like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip opacity1.zip (14.6 KB, 83 views)
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Hello Marxian and gratz again for this amazing application.

I m facing a bug in cutetube and in other qml apps too such twimgo. Shift+letter in greek language writes the english capital letter. eg I want to write the greek letter "Ξ" so I type shift+j. What I get is "J". Is it known? If not, can you raise a bug for this issue or help in another way?

Hi Marxian. Please can you make possible to view megavideo's videos on cutetube like the youtube videos.

Marxian.

Seems that youtube has blocked off this app and maybe other third party apps from viewing official music videos such as vevo vids. Search results don't show up anymore like it does on regular website.

Can anything be done about this?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Marxian.

Seems that youtube has blocked off this app and maybe other third party apps from viewing official music videos such as vevo vids. Search results don't show up anymore like it does on regular website.

Can anything be done about this?

Thanks!
The problem was caused by some overzealous coding on my part. This is fixed in version 1.0.8, which should be in extras-devel soon.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
Hi Marxian. Please can you make possible to view megavideo's videos on cutetube like the youtube videos.
There doesn't seem to be any way to access the videos without a flash player. In any case, I'm not sure there is any room to fit in more video sites.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
i am jelly :<

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Hello Marxian and gratz again for this amazing application.

I m facing a bug in cutetube and in other qml apps too such twimgo. Shift+letter in greek language writes the english capital letter. eg I want to write the greek letter "Ξ" so I type shift+j. What I get is "J". Is it known? If not, can you raise a bug for this issue or help in another way?
I wasn't aware of this problem, but I'll check to see if there is a bug already filed, and if not, I'll file one myself. Does it apply to both the single line text input (i.e search bar) and the larger text fields?

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Hi thank you very much for such a wonderful app

Can I start with same screen (like search or video) after closing the application.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube