Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
load and saving is still not working with the above commands. the option of adding the ip address to the config file manually works tho

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
load and saving is still not working with the above commands. the option of adding the ip address to the config file manually works tho
Hm...

It's strange because I can easily save and smartcam auto-loads on next start-up.

Only thing that pops in my mind is that your .conf file doesn't have the right permissions, let's try to fix that too:

type (as root):
Code:
chmod 777 /opt/smartcam_m5/bin/smartcam_m5.conf
That should give all permissions available to the file, not very pretty but it should work

Please let us know if it worked.

P.S. You can even try changing the owner of the file (I don't think it should be an issue though):

Also as root:
Code:
chown user:user /opt/smartcam_m5/bin/smartcam_m5.conf

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilosystem For This Useful Post:
Sorry about the typo...

The download link for the maemo client on the first page doesn't work.

Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
The download link for the maemo client on the first page doesn't work.
That's odd. It works for me.

Are you downloading from link in step #2?
http://www.azkay.com/smartcam-m5_0_0_1_armel.deb

You can download it to PC and transfer it to your device. If you're using that 'wget http....' code it's probably just typo you made.

Cheers!

Hi there!

Really nice application, I'm shocked that I've discovered it so late. It really, *really* should be in repos. It's working like a charm, and if i know correctly, it's only one program that can crate directshow filters, while - via other "hosts" work on all platforms.

Thanks to advices from last 2 pages, I was able to enable saving/loading of configuration. Ho ever, here comes little suggestion:

Could quality settings also be saved? I don't think it's too hard to include, and would save much time of adjusting correct quality (monitoring bandwitch usage via qnetman).

I would also like to report that it's working flawlessly via 3G. Of course no much sense of streaming video via 3G to stationary computer, then via video conference app to "regular" net, but, using "capture" option of "host" SmartCam, You can stream video from anywhere, while recording it out of device in real time.

Another suggestion - this is more complicated, i Think - could camera focus (or, particulary, any other button) be used to adjust camera focus? If it's not possible to achieve autofocus, maybe at least manual one?

Of course it's not a case, when using front camera, but back camera is much better quality, and focusing would be great.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by momcilosystem View Post
That's odd. It works for me.

Are you downloading from link in step #2?
http://www.azkay.com/smartcam-m5_0_0_1_armel.deb

You can download it to PC and transfer it to your device. If you're using that 'wget http....' code it's probably just typo you made.

Cheers!
Yes, i was just clicking the link in the first post and it was just giving me a "no such file" error. It worked just now, though. Server must have just been down when i was trying.

thank azkay.
it worked well on the N900 and Skype after installing all of followings debs:
libglib2.0-cil_2.10.4-1_armel.deb
libgtk2.0-cil_2.10.4-1_armel.deb
libmono2.0-cil_2.4.3-1_all.deb infi-bit:
libmono-corlib2.0-cil_2.4.3-1_all.deb
libmono-posix2.0-cil_2.4.3-1_all.deb
libmono-system2.0-cil_2.4.3-1_all.deb
mono-runtime_2.4.3-1_arvmel.deb

user#: sudo gainroot
user#: apt-get install gstreamer-tools

and than from the N900 internet browser installed Smartcam.

used it with skype, it works well, streaming live, no delay.
but didn't work with the Google Talk Plugin Video and Google Hangout video chat.
the plugin version I am using is the "Google Talk plugin v2.2.2.0" and Smartcam 1.4 on pc.
I can see the smartcam option is available and selectable on googletalk's chat settings; but when i select smartcam as preferred device and start a video conversation, it only shows black-screen.

is there a way to get the Smartcam working with the Google Talk Plugin Video? if I change the versions if G plugin or smartcam will it work?
who, this system would need!"

Originally Posted by linux+n770is-good View Post
but didn't work with the Google Talk Plugin Video and Google Hangout video chat.
the plugin version I am using is the "Google Talk plugin v2.2.2.0" and Smartcam 1.4 on pc.
I can see the smartcam option is available and selectable on googletalk's chat settings; but when i select smartcam as preferred device and start a video conversation, it only shows black-screen.

is there a way to get the Smartcam working with the Google Talk Plugin Video? if I change the versions if G plugin or smartcam will it work?
it works now. I used the ManyCam software , installed ManyCam and than started Smartcam connection to the phone and from ManyCam choose Source: Smartcam and than from Google Hangout video chat setting choose "ManyCam Virtual Webcam, note: you see tow options of ManyCam in the Google Video Chat settings, one is ManyCam Video Source" and one is "ManyCam Virtaul Webcam" . the Virtual Webcam works well with the Hangout feature.

thanks to azkay again for making such a good app.
who, this system would need!"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linux+n770is-good For This Useful Post:
I click on start but it doesn't work.