Notices

wen i rouched the top menu bar line i can see only two applets in my n900 i.e volume option and battery percentage option... i cant see the all applets like fm transmetter,shortuts,internet,clock,bluetooth etc... the default also went off...how to get it back

The Following User Says Thank You to brokensmile For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
why not integrate http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73809? for router like alice, fastweb and others

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Vento; 2011-07-25 at 08:14.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
Will be great if can be added in the next version decryption for hidden APs too. At the moment it shows only the channel of hidden AP.
Added to the Todo list . Thanks for the feedback, keep 'em coming.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
Yep, that is the most likely case. Still working on the ui logic so the decrypt / dictionary / john buttons only go active when the settings are correct.
after your update decrypt key does not work for me
When I try to John, I click decrypt, and nothing happend???

What do you mean when you say this:
..."john buttons only go active when the settings are correct"

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
why not integrate http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73809? for router like alice, fastweb and others

Sorry for my bad english
This seems to be specific to Italien routers, which I cannot test in the near future, since I am not going to Italie again any time soon . However, this being open source etc. gives you an ideal opportunity to add anything you want for your needs .

The Following User Says Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
after your update decrypt key does not work for me
When I try to John, I click decrypt, and nothing happend???

What do you mean when you say this:
..."john buttons only go active when the settings are correct"
Edit 1: Yep, that seems to be a bug now . Will post an update when I have fixed it. Edit 2: This is a very quick and simple fix (already done) and will be posted soon.

You need to select a .cap file at least before the decrypt key goes active (kinda the theme behind event driven programming and QT ). However, in the future, decrypt / john / wordlist buttons should go active when the right combination (ie. wordlist, john setting) has been selected. Or vice versa, select wordlist or john and then the settings buttons go active etc. Still thinking about these details and their implementation.

Edit 2: I think I will implement the second ui interaction.

Last edited by StefanL; 2011-07-25 at 17:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
You need to select a .cap file at least before the decrypt key goes active (kinda the theme behind event driven programming and QT ). However, in the future, decrypt / john / wordlist buttons should go active when the right combination (ie. wordlist, john setting) has been selected. Or vice versa, select wordlist or john and then the settings buttons go active etc. Still thinking about these details and their implementation.
I know that ,I select a.cap and then type John but nothing happent, the key is marked when I press but nothing

Last edited by sada11; 2011-07-25 at 16:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
I know that ,I select a.cap and then type John but nothing happent, the key is marked when I press but nothing
As per my edit in post above, this is a bug: WPA decrypt bug #0.43, now it has an official name too . Will post a fix for this soon. Also mentioned in these posts already, I have just been slow to fix this since I was working on the major breakthrough of handling APs with space:

Originally Posted by g0r View Post
wpa decrypt does not work for me on the new v0.43, after getting the handshake when pushing the decrypt button nothing happens (john or dictionaries), worked perfect on prv. version 0.42. I like the new layout, wep works perfect, will be nice if in the new version you can add decrypt for hidden netwrks. the instructions by Estel for hidden ntw. does not worked for me. Many Thanks for Your work on improving this great app. Will be nice if the new working version with instructions be added on the first page. Great work (combine faircrack with yamas script and get more than you bargain for)
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post

I have the problem also. Xterm reports an error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ''Main.py'', line 414, in doDecryptWPA
os.environ[''cap''] = str(str(' '' ' + capfile.strip()) + ' '' ' ).strip() #0.43
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'capfile' refrenced before assignment.
Will probably be an easy fix, so stick around for the next few days . Edit 1: I have fixed this and will post soon.

Last edited by StefanL; 2011-07-25 at 17:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Latest update to fix some issues with 0.44 is attached below. This update has some more ui tweaks and fixes the WPA decrypt bug:

1) UI interaction minor fix: Decrypt WEP / WPA tab now provide informative messages ("Select a cap file", "Select a dictionary file", "Select at least one John option") in the status bar area.
2) UI interaction minor fix: Decrypt WPA tab buttons are now context sensitive (ie. decrypt button does not go active until either John or Wordlist selections are correct, John button needs to be pressed to have john option buttons go active, etc.).
3) WPA decryption fully functional again.

Install version 0.3 from post no 1. in this thread (or any other working version), then apply my update. As per usual, make a back-up copy of the files to be replaced (Main.py, FAS.py, getinfo.sh, scan.sh, getmacmanaged.sh, getmacmonitor.sh, wepcaplist.sh, wpacaplist.sh, keylist.sh), copy the archive to the FAS directory on your N900 and extract within xterm in the FAS directory:

tar -xzvf faircrack0.45.tar.gz

Enjoy

Note: I think we have reached the limits of what the current version can do, the next step should be a major overhaul to be able to add extra functionality.

Edit 1: Attached file has a fix for delete WPA cap file button not going active until after dictionary file selected, which was in the first release of 0.45.
Attached Files
File Type: gz faircrack0.45.tar.gz (8.9 KB, 250 views)

Last edited by StefanL; 2011-07-26 at 17:13.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
wen i rouched the top menu bar line i can see only two applets in my n900 i.e volume option and battery percentage option... i cant see the all applets like fm transmetter,shortuts,internet,clock,bluetooth etc... the default also went off...how to get it back
Not sure this belongs in this thread

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!