Active Topics

Originally Posted by Cod3rror View Post
Wrong! You guys simply hate the iPhone here.

Go to MacRumors forums, now there people discuss any platforms in peace.
Since you say so boldly, I assume you are a member there and you do take part in the peaceful discussion.
And going through your posts here in TMO, I can sense the peaceful conversation your carry. So I will just stay away from the MacRumors forums, because the dictionary that they use and I use are completely opposite for the meaning of peace.

Cod3rror seems to have some vendetta against Nokia. He's badmouthing it at mobile-review's forums as well. I'm not sure if Nokia killed his cat but for some reason he seems to have energy to just keep going at it all the time. Pretty sad. If I remember correctly he used to like Nokia, at least he's been discussing it a lot for a long time (years?) at mobile-review's forums, but I guess he's now just a troll spreading his deep and passionate hate for a tech company. I guess it's like being an Apple fanboi in reverse.

Who knows, maybe he's Eldar in disguise. At least the hate seems to match.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pasih For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I completely agree with your hypothesis.

Only cat people are capable of being such weirdoes. Dogs rule!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
What did this thread turn into.

Please resume N9 obsessing immediately. I need my fix!
I feel you; it's sad that some loser has to roll up in here just to get struck by some n9 lightning. Let's try and fire you back up.

I'm one of the fortunate that is in possession of an n950. It is plain and simply a b*tchin' device. The screen is so good it looks fake. But for me, the n9 will be even better. I'll try to explain why.

I think I'm in a very, very small minority of developers that doesn't want a physical keyboard on their handheld device. As far as I'm concerned, it's just unnecessary added weight and bulk. It's very well done on the n950, but good riddance. That said, I'm the first to admit that all OS supplied virtual keyboards are inadequate for the command line and command line editors, but that hasn't mattered to me for three years. More on that below. However, I've always found that default virtual keyboards are very capable for text and email.

I couldn't care less about being able to plug my portables into stuff; that includes my laptops. Although I verified that they worked, I had actual need to use host mode on my n800 and n810 this many times: 0. I'm all about the wireless, baby, and yet I'm a USB and HDMI fiend. But I leave that technology where it belongs: With my stationary computers.

I was in the crowd of people that was disappointed about these Maemo 6 devices being single core. My excellent experience with the n950 has made that a non issue. Actually, I totally forgot that it was single core until I decided to write this.

And of course on top of all that there's a GNU/Linux OS. Not even to mention Nokia's fulfillment of the QML/Qt awesomeness.

Even though I don't get to keep my built-in stylus, it's actually the differences between the last few Maemo devices that could make the n9 the ultimate:
  • Keyboardless
  • Thin
  • Light
  • Vibrant, power saving screen
  • Plastic-inspired great reception?
  • Keyboardless
Just to name a few.

Game. Set. Match.

I've been using my own home grown terminal since 2008, and I've just finished the first phase of the QML port. Becuase of its relative simplicity, the same code base runs on both the n900 and n950. Here are my usual boring screenshots:

Name:  20110726-173330.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  22.0 KB
Name:  20110726-173438.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  21.9 KB

As you can see, bash has already been ported. Now if I can just get me a version of vim...

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
@daperl

Since you have an n950 can i ask you some questions on the software?

In the Accounts application, i see in the demos there is a list. Is it possible to add accounts NOT on this list, and have the ability to aggregate the contact information etc? Meaning any online service I want is at my finger tips?

In the email application, is there support for conversation view? Is there multi-inbox support. Spread some more light on this if u can please.

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
@daperl

Since you have an n950 can i ask you some questions on the software?

In the Accounts application, i see in the demos there is a list. Is it possible to add accounts NOT on this list, and have the ability to aggregate the contact information etc? Meaning any online service I want is at my finger tips?

In the email application, is there support for conversation view? Is there multi-inbox support. Spread some more light on this if u can please.

Thanks in advance
The software is not final anyways

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Although I haven't looked at those API 's yet, I think it's as simple as it is on the n900: If a working protocol plugin is there, so is the client ability.

No on the conversation view, yes on the multi-inbox support. The home page also has a "Recent Messages" or "Favorite Folder" option.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
More questions for you Daperl, sorry I'm milking you

Any video chat support? skype, gtalk? anything?
Can u change the shortcuts in the quick application shortcuts thingy?
In the events view, is it easy to browse to relevant stuff in a sea of irrelevant stuff?
How good is the twitter and facebook integration?
How well does it handle Office 2007+ documents? like .docx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Sadly, Maemo was a good horse. I picked it because I like open source devices that are supported by an active community.
Sadly, clean/non-doping horses have little chances...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@hotnikkelz/everyone

Please note that N950 owners have a relatively old build of harmattan, + some stuff is deliberately not included.
The very latest build with all the features enabled is not necessary, as that's not why they have the N950.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we have a full review of the N9 from jakiman (Australia) within the next 2wks

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-27 at 10:40.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????