Active Topics

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Howdy All,

So I just ordered my N900 and I had a few questions I wanted to ask before it gets here so I am ready to start tweaking it out as soon as it gets here

Firstly I caught this blurb on the Wiki page
Debian: The complete ARM Debian distribution can be installed as a Maemo application.[16], making thousands of software packages available (including OpenOffice, Firefox, Java, the GNOME desktop, etc). Debian ARM packages can also be used if they are modified with the maemo-optify tool for example[17])
Is there a howto somewhere of how I go about setting this up so I can start installing applications from it?

Also is there a guide lurking about somewhere about building/compiling FOSS software on the N900? I'm assuming its similar to other *nix distros but I just wanted to be sure (and find out the equivalent of the build-essential package)

Thanks in Advance,
~Jeff

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

ofcourse i am not a developer so anything near to that but for the first time N900 taught me to sneak deep into file system of any device or pc.
i thought this might be helpful for those who have been trying to produce phenomenal programmes for N900 ,or you may not like this ..

search "easy debian"