Someone put this "my god is better than your god" thread out of it's misery.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Someone put this "my god is better than your god" thread out of it's misery.
actually I don't own one, though I do know someone who does.

I've owned an X50v for quite a while. For video (using TCPMP -- now Coreplayer) it's amazing with its accellerated Intel chip. Yes, better then the N8xx. But other then that ,I'll be glad to get rid of it once my eBay auction ends. Battery life is really poor, especially if Wifi is on (god forbid) or an app is running the CPU much. It makes me laugh thinking about having my n800 online and available for days.

Also in the world of Windows Mobile you also end up paying for apps more often then not. There are decent free apps, but they are the exception. I still use Windows Mobile via my phone (Moto Q) but other then that, I'm glad to be done.
Again, how is 4 hours bad? Thats the same as the N800? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong. My N800 routinely gets 5 or 6 hours of active use.
Impressive. A x51v can get 16 hours with a 300mAh battery.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Beni View Post
Impressive. A x51v can get 16 hours with a 300mAh battery.
Didn't you just say yours lasts 4 hours?

Shifting goal posts much?

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Didn't you just say yours lasts 4 hours?

Shifting goal posts much?
4 Hours with the default 1000mAh battery. 3300mAh lasts about 14 to 16 hours. Depending on brightness and etc.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Unreal... Soon enough you will experience all the glory the Axim and WM5/6 has to offer. When it doesn't last for 16 hours on 300mAh (doing what?), reality will start to set in. Based on my experience (with the slightly less efficient x50v) that sounds about right for the discharge current for the sytem in standby given WM5 or 6. They aren't selling 2200mAh batteries for the Axims because people need 112 hours of *use* ! Regardless of what you think about the Nokia lineup this should be a good lesson.

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Unreal... Soon enough you will experience all the glory the Axim and WM5/6 has to offer. When it doesn't last for 16 hours on 300mAh (doing what?), reality will start to set in. Based on my experience (with the slightly less efficient x50v) that sounds about right for the discharge current for the sytem in standby given WM5 or 6. They aren't selling 2200mAh batteries for the Axims because people need 112 hours of *use* ! Regardless of what you think about the Nokia lineup this should be a good lesson.
Actually, its 16 Hours with full brightness and normal "usage" about 10 hours with WiFi, and 9 hours on a video (640 x 480) on a loop.

Pretty impressive. Though, I'll get a 1100. The fact that the n800 has no PIM, or Calendar, or To-Do, or anything management software kills it for me. Not to mention its horrible video support and lack of apps and games .

Goodbye world! I'll see if the N900 is good when it comes out probably next year. Perhaps I'll pick up another n800 when its 100$ bargin bin like the n770.

>>What exactly is the advantage of doing "online banking" and "ebay" on a N800 versus a laptop?<<

No, no real advantage. If I can put my laptop in my pocket whereever I go, I wouldn't have wasted money on a N800.

This shall be my last chat with you, my friend. I can see that you are in a defiant mood today; nothing people say will satisfy you. Or perhaps you forgot to take your medicine today?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Do you even realize you said 300mAh rather then 3300mAh by this point? I hope you got the "input" you were looking for, but now I know it's time to to leave this thread.