Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
Becuase it is expensive?

I think many of us forget that Nokia is a company who needs to make profit and satisfy its stakeholders.
Yes your right it is expensive to pay software developers but as much as nobody in europe wishes to see Nokia go down, they should have made a better job of software in the past because lets face it is that that has brought them to there knee's.

If they are successful with WP7 i sure like to see them go full into MeeGo development and not to forget the wishes of exsisting customers because without that there stakeholders lose out and so do we.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
Becuase it is expensive?

I think many of us forget that Nokia is a company who needs to make profit and satisfy its stakeholders.
I could be wrong, but the stakeholders do not appear to be impressed with the new singular OS strategy Elop has chosen:

http://www.channelnews.com.au/Comment/B3V7K4R8
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...27-706841.html
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2389465,00.asp
http://blogs.forbes.com/greatspecula...ould-see-6-65/

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
The funny irony is whilst when nokia's shares were falling dramatically after Flop sealed the deal with microsoft, the board of directors seemed to not even care about the massive loss. My guess is that either the nokia's board of directors were all smoking c****k or Flop was probably getting a r****b from each of the members on that board. Really it doesn't surprise me how Flop can still remain in power when nokia alone had to make many sacrifices after the signed deal with microsoft.

On the other hand, when N9 comes out I might go and buy it. I really don't care what happens at nokia. By the end of the day I get my own new linux powered meego device and that's all I care about. Should I really care if N9 will be the first and the last meego phone from nokia? no, because getting the N9 is the end result and not a vaporware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Stephen Elop says Nokia will leave MeeGo even if N9 turns out to be a hit

So much for conspiracy. Makes buying an N9 for the purpose of "proving Elop wrong" pretty fruitless, doesn't it? Even worse, people expecting some sort of support after all these actions. Elop is either lying to them about support, or he's clinically stupid. Possibly both.
Why would they?

They didn't ditch Meego as their lead platform because they thought no one would like it, they ditched it because they did not think they could grow MeeGo fast enough to have a shot at becoming the third big ecosystem.

So no, if Meego sells very well thank you very much they won't immediately tear up their long-term strategic plan and recreate a Meego platform division.

Expecting that would be daft!

Harmattan/linux will remain a project rather than a platform, with infrequent releases to test new ideas, but whether that dissociates itself with Meego is another matter, but Quim is pretty clear that linux/QT has a future at nokia even if he didn't use the word "Meego".

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Vodafone Australia looks like they will start selling them in September. I have no idea on prices, other than expensive.

Another (Australian) retailer CLAIMS August (thats this month). They tell me it will be the next "Hero Phone" on their next catalogue, although I'm taking this with a large grain on salt (not because of FUD just because)

I'm taking these two differing dates from (major Australian) re-sellers as further evidence of Nokia's schizophrenia.

When I get to touch one then I'll believe.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, Why do you need nokia support for the n9. They will give you simular support to n9 as n900. Most of you know exacly what that means. IF you can't handle that, don't like it becouse that isn't enought for you. Why are you here and barking? call nokia, we cant help you with your problems

why not support the vendors that gives you what you need?

I guess you like N9/Nokia after all why else would you be here. Great phone, great OS, Buy it in a month or two.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Clue, where are you?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Guys, Why do you need nokia support for the n9. They will give you simular support to n9 as n900.
Google translate.. sorry :

WS.AT: So the N9 with MeeGo almost a trial balloon?
Mahr: I would not call it a trial balloon, otherwise we would not apply in the form that will appear like it. As a contrast, one can use the N900, which was then in some ways was very much a trial balloon. It has spread without much advertising in geek circles, people have bought it, love it and use it partly still is. When it's been so N9, especially in Austria, we see it as our hero device for the holiday shopping season and, accordingly, have also been behind all network operators. We also ensure that the entire Austrian applications we have in store for Symbian, even at the start of MeeGo will be ready. It is therefore to assess quite as serious market entry.
http://www.news.at/articles/1126/542...n9-hero-device

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Clue, where are you?
I don't know. But I really hope you nail the last one. Poeple with commitment deserve a N9.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????