Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
After I flashed the beta my two SD cards were seen as corrupted/unformatted even though I've used them in OS2007 and the cards are seen OK in WinXP. I made backups, reformatted them to FAT32 and copied files back. OS2008 then sees the cards but only until I run a prog (I tried maemo-mapper) or try to reboot. The cards then become "corrupted" again. Switching the N800 off also hangs, I had to remove the battery a few times. Granted, my SD cards (1G and 4G) are not mainstream brands and sometimes take some time before being picked up in WinXP but they worked fine in OS2007.

Now I am back on OS2007 hoping that the final version will not behave like this. Writing this from my Eee...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
Tried to install Gnumeric today. Received "out of space" message. Application Manager suddenly couldn't referesh the application list "Unable to refresh application list. Unable to access catalogs. Check network connection.". When I try to browse applications the list is blank. If I try to install from file it seems to work. Installed applications displayed on the menu work fine so it appears it is only the install that is affected.

Initially, the internal SD card was not visible so I switched the cards around. They both were visible. File Manager showed the contents.

When I inserted the SD card in my XP system it couldn't see either card. I had the original 128mb card and it displayed in XP. I was going to copy all the files and reformat but can't since XP can't see them.

Just took a look at the log file for App Mgr. Message "could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (28 no space left on device) Unable to lock the list directory.

All the problems revolve around Application Manager and the files it accesses.

Any ideas???

Last edited by paulmorin; 2007-12-09 at 02:52.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
Figured out the problem. The system memory was full but rather than saying that App Mgr gives screwy messages. Oh, well. Live and learn.