I hate to say it, but Beni isn't the one who comes across as trolling. He has read Axim specs, and he's comparing it to the reality he has in his n800. When he has the Axim, he will probably see it differently, but theoretical specs vs hard cold n800 reality, that's what he is looking at.

You guys attacking him and acting rude and dimissive doesn't make this forum look better. He's one guy acting rude, but there are several of you who have responded in kind.

If your (and my and Beni's) n800 is so much better, then you shouldn't need to be defensive or dismissive. If someone wants to *hope* that another device they don't own yet will solve their problems, why is that any skin off of your nose?

And for an n800 owner to post this thread here seems as worthwhile as if he had posted in the aximsite forums.

(full disclosure, I've had winCE and winmobile devices for the last decade, including an Axim, and I despise wince/winmobile. 7% battery drain per day in standby, ugh. That's part of why I am so impressed with the n800, and why I read these forums. But you guys could do better in keeping the fan-boy aspects down.)

The N800 has good battery life. Main reason I want a Axim is because it has alot of really good PIM programs. I'll buy a N800 again when its cheaper though. How long does it take for the WinCE devices to boot from complete shutdown.

I never left my N800 in standby, I always just turned it off completely, so I guess I won't have to worry about battery drain and what not. I heard WM5 has really good battery management (At least compared to WinCE 2003/02 anyways)

Hey PLeBlanc:No offense, but you should have re-read the thread before posting. Do you honestly believe someone who stated that one could not do anything "productive" with a n800?

Obviously people here have important uses for the N800 - like the sys admin guys.

If biz/win. apps are such a priority, then you'd still want a keyboard, I would think.

If handheld web browsing isn't such a priority, then the Tablets shouldn't be the first place one would look. People keep comparing them to PDAs and Phones. The EEEs may be quite capable, and even briefcase-able, but definitely NOT shirt-pocketable and handheld-able!

I have a laptop too, but I still don't like packing, lugging, unpacking, booting, and waiting on it, etc. Give me an instant-on, shirt-pocket device for instant web access (that I can also incidently make Gizmo calls and eBay bids on).

BTW, I just showed my N800 to my Apple True Believer friend (who has a G5, laptop and touch). He was impressed enough to start looking for a good price on one. The screen is what sold him, I think.

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
Hey PLeBlanc:No offense, but you should have re-read the thread before posting. Do you honestly believe someone who stated that one could not do anything "productive" with a n800?
What exactly could you do on the N800 thats productive, that you couldn't do on a PDA, or a anything with a internet browser and SIP?

I have a laptop too, but I still don't like packing, lugging, unpacking, booting, and waiting on it, etc. Give me an instant-on, shirt-pocket device for instant web access (that I can also incidently make Gizmo calls and eBay bids on).
Get a instant on laptop . You can make ebay bids on anything with a internet browser btw.

Sorry, pal. I said no more chat with you. My suggestion is for you to re-read the thread.

Sorry, pal. I said no more chat with you. My suggestion is for you to re-read the thread.
I already responded to your other posts. If you concede them get out

Sorry, no - more - chat.

Originally Posted by Beni View Post
What exactly could you do on the N800 thats productive, that you couldn't do on a PDA, or a anything with a internet browser and SIP?

Unless I misread something...the quote you referenced indicated your position that the n800 couldn't do_anything_productive...now you're stating that it's as productive as something with a web browser and SIP. Please clarify. The IT's ARE a web browser and SIP...that's kinda the point.

To address that question (productivity outside of a web browser and SIP), you get all the functionality you want as you have an open platform for development. What you don't get is the packaged 'out-of-the-box' experience of an iPhone, Axim, or Palm PDA. If the apps you want are easily available on another platform, and you have little need for shell scripting or the like...cool.

Sorry, no - more - chat.
Good riddance then

Anyways, I wonder if my 8GB SDHC will work.. hmmm.