Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Hi guys,

Well, I've checked and followed several threads related to “file system corrupt” and “internal memory problem” trying to solve my problem. I could find similarities betwwen my issue and other problems here commented in TMO, but not exactly the same. This encouraged me to create this new thread. Hope that michaaa62 -very active with solutions in other threads for similar problems- and others in the community can help me. Any help is of course welcome.

I only have problems with MyDocs folder. The rest of file system seems to be OK and all programmes are working, even phone calls ring with the mp3 file I put as ringtone, and it is curiously in a folder I cannot see currently.

What firstly appeared in MyDocs was a huge number of files "Broken Simlink". All the folders had disappeared except for .images, .documents, .sounds, .videos. But they were empty; nothing inside with Filebox.
I've tried all of michaaa62's suggestions above in several threads but without results: unmount, fsck, mounting and so on. FSCK process has been even confusing for me: several times running and then seem to get stacked –IMHO-, without ending fsck process so I closed Xterminal several times. I’m wandering now if this could have been a mistake of mine because to recover many gigas surely takes some time, should I have been waiting till the end of the process?, but really, it seemed to be a never ending process.

Even I've tried to repair it from Windows, what I'm sure it's been a great mistake: now I have a new folder "FOUND.000" (with a lot of files FILExxxx.CHK; Windows result) and a lot of files FSCK00xx.REC in MyDocs. Broken Simlinks disappeared (transformed into FSCKxxx???). I can see also a many files starting with the letters "g5num****" and "g5ext****". Causally, all this is about 15 GB, what could be more or less all the info I had in form of pictures, videos and music.

I've also tried "dosfsck -a -t -w -v /dev/mmcblk0p1", but nothing new. for the moment, I could not try testdisk because of font size. Have to reboot to apply changes but dont want to stop Xterminal process.

I think the files are still there, somewhere else. But after many unmountings, fsck's and mountings I cannot see my former folders and files.

Really, I've checked all the threads related to find a solution before asking, but unfortunately found nothing with satisfactory result. I'm begging you some help once more. As I've learnt that it could be interesting to give you as experts a TXT file reporting results of Xterminal commands tried, here you are. I hope not to bore you. Please, help!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug01.txt (2.0 KB, 116 views)

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Install Backupmenu, activate USB Mass Storage Mode, and use some tool on Windows(Right click the drive)/Linux(GParted?) to check the file system.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I suspect you might have unintentionally made things a tad worse by killing fsck mid way through on the very first run unfortunately. Probably your best bet now is just to recover your files using PhotoRec, restorer2000 or any one of the many file recovery programs out there.

Before doing that, I'd give Hurrian's advice a good try first. Bootmenu (or is it menuboot), allows you to activate USB mass storage mode during the boot up sequence, from here you can run some file system recovery programs (scandisk / fsck) or the file recovery programs.