Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Agreed...... & i live in the US
Nothing against US, just BBG-Troll...

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
And it'll remain buried so long as Elop continues to turd up its polish and burying it half-way up his lower intestine, plugged up in there by his buried head.
Ah, o dear, how buried... oooooh... so poetic

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Is the VKB open-source? At worse, CAN you at least replace the VKB with a replacement? If SOME people like it, great--keep it. If not, can you at least get something you're far more comfortable with or replace the closed-source one with an open-source one that CAN be improved? I know that, at least on Android, there's a default keyboard but you can replace it easily... and many people really love Swype as their on-screen keyboard (myself included!). Can this also be done on the N9?
Open source? I'm not sure. I've heard that you can make and/or swap keyboards. Not sure how true that is. One can only guess at this point i assume. Swype is available for sure from what I've gathered.

That statement you made where you drew a parallel of the Nokia and Microsoft band could not be any truer. They share the same shitty personality traits haha.
Microsoft's bad rep hurt WP7 bad....but the upcoming Mango seemed to shave off some of that hate, the lumbering giant seems to be awake, and i expect good stuff from them. Hopefully, for Nokia's sake. The WP7 platform looks promising, whoever denies that is truly in denial.

Elop's only crime in MY eyes is that he refuses to push Meego development into full force. Jumping in bed with microsoft to me was understandable, but he has absolutely ZERO REASON TO NOT DO BOTH IN PARALLEL.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
Good job on nullifying your first sentence.
I didn't nullify anything. I pointed out that Microsoft has had plenty of time and experience writing mobile operating systems. I merely made the distinction that you appear to want to pretend that Microsoft is new at this--and elaborated that even if that were the case, your argument is still difficult to accept. Methinks you are trying very hard to distract from the conversation. Do not pretend to be clever. You are not qualified.

By the end of its first year, Android had 6 handsets in the US across 2 carriers; WP7 has 7 handsets across 4 carriers. Not completely balanced but more than you allege it to be.
And, in its first year, Android was actually a new project from a new entrant, as I'd already pointed out. Not bad, considering Microsoft's head-start.

Actually, WP7 has very high levels of satisfaction amongst its users. Much like everyone else here, you are a victim of your own hyperbole.
Speaking of hyperbole and add some obfuscation, I didn't claim that most of the WP7 users didn't like WP7. I pointed out that they failed to win the handset market over the past 20 years, even to Palm. If WP7 gets high levels of satisfaction, it would be from the very few, remaining users that haven't gone off to get something else. If consumers were displeased, they are far more likely NOT to be "its users." Q.E.Duh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Personally, I feel as though somebody here is laying out the astroturf.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Personally, I feel as though somebody here is laying out the astroturf.
#define astroturf

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
#define astroturf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Astroturfing is a form of advocacy often in support of a political or corporate agenda designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Yeah, you make some good points. They're tangental enough to the point that I've actually been making that I don't really feel like arguing them.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Astroturfing is a form of advocacy often in support of a political or corporate agenda designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.
Should I change my nick to AstroTurf now? Or Astro, maybe that would be more sexy?

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Should I change my nick to AstroTurf now? Or Astro, maybe that would be more sexy?
how about catAstroTurfybus

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????