Active Topics

Notices

[... scrolling behaviour... ]

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's not the default QML scrolling behaviour, but it's necessary in this case to enable the ListView to detect the current index so that it knows when to load the additional results.
Maybe this would be a compromise: Keep scrolling into locking position and avoid scrolling into the opposite direction that the user pushed? The most exhausting situation is reading entries while they move and start to accelerate into the opposite direction before they finally come to a stop.

Please ignore me, if I start to sound like a complaining diva ;-)

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Marxian, now that i've come to the right thread I'll tell you once again how fantastic your app is. The more I use it the better it is and especially with the update to 1.1.1.

Is it possible to have live search suggestions while typing like on the site? I find it useful if I mis-spell something. Cheers!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
We want new version Is release date known?

Last edited by R@ptor; 2011-08-14 at 20:34.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Help! My cuteTube and cuteTube QML not working. Unable to play or download anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, change settings and restarting my N900. Any suggestions?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Marxian, now that i've come to the right thread I'll tell you once again how fantastic your app is. The more I use it the better it is and especially with the update to 1.1.1.

Is it possible to have live search suggestions while typing like on the site? I find it useful if I mis-spell something. Cheers!
That would be difficult, as I don't have access to the database of popular searches on YouTube. I imagine it would also be quite resource intensive, given the number of searches that the application would need to crunch through when the search query changes.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
We want new version Is release date known?
It won't be too far away. I'm going to shift the settings away from a SQLite database and over to QSettings first. I've also been working on my SoundCloud client, which has delayed the release a bit. I'll get the next update completed within the next few days.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Help! My cuteTube and cuteTube QML not working. Unable to play or download anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, change settings and restarting my N900. Any suggestions?
Do you have version 1.1.1 of cuteTube-QML? Earlier versions will not work, as YouTube made some changes that broke my URL grabbing code.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the archive keeps asking for an internet connection. i was trying to show someone something in a car using the fm transmitter and the archive kept asking me to connect to the internet which would cost me $$, so i had to give up.

also while i'm being ungrateful, and moaning about things, could i ask that 'Smplayer' is added to the list of player options.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Do you have version 1.1.1 of cuteTube-QML? Earlier versions will not work, as YouTube made some changes that broke my URL grabbing code.
How/where do I get version 1.1.1? I currently have 0.8.2.

It's a fantastic app. Thanks!

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the archive keeps asking for an internet connection. i was trying to show someone something in a car using the fm transmitter and the archive kept asking me to connect to the internet which would cost me $$, so i had to give up.

also while i'm being ungrateful, and moaning about things, could i ask that 'Smplayer' is added to the list of player options.
Currently, the thumbnails for the archived videos are pulled from their original locations, hence the need for an internet connection. This is not the case for the Harmattan version, and I plan to change this for the Maemo 5 version in future.

I'll look at adding support for SMPlayer for the next update, but I can't release any further updates until voting in Meego Coding Competition is completed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube