Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Well, if the Yoigo SIM card works on other phones, and your N900 works with other SIM cards.. one thing that *might* explain it would be if the Yoigo SIM card for some reason needs a terminal (= phone) that supports the SIM Application Toolkit.

All phones support that, except the N900 (because it's not a phone .

The Toolkit is supposed to be only for "value-added services", but who knows what Yoigo may be doing/needing.

In any case, sorry for this suggestion: if I'm right, there's nothing you can do. If I'm wrong, you still need to identify the problem. Best of all: I have no idea how to check if I'm right or wrong

Good luck!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
PS: perhaps you could try installing Meego and see what happens there.

If it works, you could rule out a problem with the N900 itself.. which would maybe point towards the SIM toolkit (I'm not sure, but I think/hope that Meego has that).

Hey Ramoncio!

Did you finally get to test your non-yoigo-working n900 with a different network operator sim card?

I see you reflashed the unit completely. Do you know any other friend with a yoigo simcard that could try starting the phone with his? Maybe a faulty SIM card could cause this strange n900 compatibility issue.

Good luck!

Last edited by iTor; 2011-08-22 at 09:46. Reason: Read of your progress with the flashing

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Well, if the Yoigo SIM card works on other phones, and your N900 works with other SIM cards.. one thing that *might* explain it would be if the Yoigo SIM card for some reason needs a terminal (= phone) that supports the SIM Application Toolkit.

All phones support that, except the N900 (because it's not a phone .

The Toolkit is supposed to be only for "value-added services", but who knows what Yoigo may be doing/needing.

In any case, sorry for this suggestion: if I'm right, there's nothing you can do. If I'm wrong, you still need to identify the problem. Best of all: I have no idea how to check if I'm right or wrong

Good luck!
I'm not sure if this can be the cause becuase as ramoncio said Yoigo itself offered nokia n900s some time ago as part of their catalogue.

Hello Ramoncio,

i've looking at some other topic related posts over the internet, when I came across this:

http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...ng-live-maemo/

Specially comments by thegman and close.

They were talking about n900s with problems to register sim cards, and that they solved it by using some paper folded between the camera and the sim card. It seems you are not alone, good luck!

Hi iTor, big thanks for your interest, I thought this thead had fallen into a deep pit.

Sorry reinob, I didn't get your last answers, and I thought this was a dead end.

I still haven't solved my problem, so I'm using an ancient Nokia 3120 until I can fix this.

My n900 works with Movistar, Vodafone and Orange, but it doesn't work with Yoigo SIMs, I have tried 4 different SIMs with no joy.

I have contacted Nokia Care in Spain this morning, and I've been speaking with a very nice agent (thanks Carlos) who has plenty of N900's for testing, so I think he'll eventually come up with a solution, so I just sent him a link to this thread.

I don't think this might be related to the sim reader, as I get no errors during PIN verification nor network registration, and netmon correctly displays the registered network, both in GSM and 3G, but I'll have a look at those links anyway, thanks for pointing them out.

I'll update this if I ever find a solution, I still haven't lost my hope.

Last edited by ramoncio; 2011-09-15 at 14:28.

One more note: when trying to receive a call with the Yoigo SIM, the phone doesn't ring at all, nor display any message, but I get the missed call in the call log!!

And when I'm on GSM the caller gets the voice prompt: "Movistar info: this option is not available" , Yoigo uses Movistar network in GSM, as I already commented. This is quite weird, as callers might think I am a Movistar customer, but I'm not.

Last edited by ramoncio; 2011-09-15 at 14:09.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
your problem is nothing to do with your devices but your Yoigo SIM....
perhaps your Yoigo SIM networks is not compatible with n900.....
remember n900 compatible networks is....

2G networks : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G networks : HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100

anything beyond that than it will not work on your n900....also 64k,128k & 256k SIM does have it differents....

Hi pusak gaoq, thanks for your answer!

But I'm afraid my problem has something to do with hardware, at least that's what the Nokia Care guy told me this morning, as he had two n900 working with Yoigo sims in his lab.

At the Yoigo shop, they told me they were positive that Yoigo doesn't have different capacity sim cads, they all are exactly the same. At least there is no sign of capacity on the sim, as I've seen in some others: 64k, 128k, 256k...

And if you read my last post, I commented that I tried 4 different Yoigo sim cards without success, and my sim works ok with another phone, so this should rule out any problems with my sim, and the other 3 Yoigo sims I have tried.

Last curious note:
- Data connection works in 3g with my Yoigo SIM!!!!

I hadn't tried that as I had to search Google and add the APN manually (curious, the Nokia Care guy told me that in his n900 this was configured automatically, but not in mine) and I never imagined data connection could work, since calls and sms don't.

This looks as a radio stack problem, but I've read that this should be fixed reflashing the phone with latest firmware, as it contains the radio.

I'm going to send it to a Nokia Service Center, as I've been suggested this morning by the Nokia support guy. Too bad, I would like to know what the exact problem is, but I'm afraid they will reflash it, test it, and replace it for another one, so I'll never know what the heck happened with my first n900.

Last edited by ramoncio; 2011-09-15 at 14:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramoncio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Next monday I will ask around the office to see if someone has a Yoigo SIM. If I find someone that has one, I will give it a try with my N900 and see what happens...

I will report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post: