Notices

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
I too would love to test this brilliant App on the N9 which I hope to have mid August if Nokia Sweden deem me to be in the top 30 of their Test Pilot Competition.

Felix, I could sure do with your recommendation.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I was finally able to promote ClipMan to the normal extras repository. Thanks for all voters!

Sadly the version is now several weeks old. So I have instantly promoted the new version from extra-devel to extra-testing. I hope we need not again that long for a promotion.

So please vote!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
A question which does not really belong here, but OTOH is related: why does use talk.maemo.org different accounts than packages and / or the wiki? It would be way easier using a single-signon. Is it because of ubb vs/ wiki accounts? Probably the packages subsite uses additionally a third framework...

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
A question which does not really belong here, but OTOH is related: why does use talk.maemo.org different accounts than packages and / or the wiki? It would be way easier using a single-signon. Is it because of ubb vs/ wiki accounts? Probably the packages subsite uses additionally a third framework...
As far as I know it is because the forum was taken from a different page. internettablettalk.com integrated their already existing forum into the also existing page maemo.org and as far as I know they were unable to merge the accounts. It feels very messy, you're right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by helex View Post
As far as I know it is because the forum was taken from a different page. internettablettalk.com integrated their already existing forum into the also existing page maemo.org and as far as I know they were unable to merge the accounts. It feels very messy, you're right.
That's correct afaik. The forum existed as an independent site (and still is - if I remember correctly they are still technically on separate servers or something like that) - Nokia wanted to make a community thing for Maemo devices, and since by then internet tablet talk was very Nokia Nxx0-centric, they co-opted this one.

Granted, this is my understanding as an outsider who only came in after the talk.maemo.org transformation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Love this app, thank you!

Something that would be very useful for me would be if Clipman could (optionally) monitor any notifications dialogues (the multi-line orange boxes which have to be dismissed).

e.g.
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteDialog string:"QUESTION?" uint32:0 string:"OK"

The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
Hi hutchinsfairy!

Originally Posted by hutchinsfairy View Post
Something that would be very useful for me would be if Clipman could (optionally) monitor any notifications dialogues (the multi-line orange boxes which have to be dismissed).
Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm... personally I would say I don't need this personally... but there could be some useful cases, especially because of the stored time when the notification happened.

Sadly I have currently not that much time but I will try to integrate it (optional) into the harmattan build (I have there a settings menu) and backport it to the N900. I guess I have to fork it and create a second version for the N900... I have the impression that QML slows the app startup down and I prefer fast applications at my N900...

And thanks for the code. I have not that much expirience with d-bus. But I guess I have to learn it anyway. So stay tuned!

Do you know, will there be a similar notification system at the N9 like at our N900?

So, a long time since the last update... at least it feels like ages. But I'm happy to announce that I was finally able to make some progress at this project.

Here you have the version for the Nokia N9, Yay!

It looks quiet different compared to the MeeGo Tablet user interface and you're right, I had to do the whole UI from scratch.

Currently is the text below the List not editable. It was in my opinion simply not usable to select a text or copy it with the virtual keyboard below.
I have developed in the meantime a solution and I will try to prepare the first update before the weekend. (have currently craftsman at home, so I'm a little bit busy)
The code for the update works so far. I have to fix 2 small bugs and if I upload it at the weekend and if everything is fine it should be at ovi next Wednesday.

But no good news without bad news:
As some of you already know I have currently not that much time for my Hobby and to make it even worse I will need perhaps soon again a small side job. So fewer and fewer time to develop for maemo and MeeGo.
Because of this I thought I could perhaps try to combine my small Hobby and my private issues and try to sell what I have developed. I know, very unpopular and I like open and free software a lot more than Software I have to pay for. I'm really sorry for this solution but I want to try if this could work for me.

I have created 2 versions of ClipMan for the Nokia N9: So you get already something, even without paying for it.

I currently have no clue what will happen now with MeeGo and the community repository but I have still planned to upload the free version to the OBS system. So if the 0,99€ bucks (or the correlate value in your country) is to much for you to support me and the free version is not enought, you will be able to compile it yourself later this year including the storage support, but please understand, just not jet.

If you have donated for ClipMan and don't wan't to pay additional 0,99€ please sent me a PM. I will transfer you 1€ via Paypal to get ClipMan for free.

I hope this is fair enough for everyone.

The versions for the N900 and MeeGo Tablet (at the AppUp store) are still free.

Please try to understand me, donations are very cool and a great and motivating feedback but it is not enought compared to what I could make with a side job at a local gas station. I like developing Software a lot more so hopefully I would this way be able to continue with my small projects and don't need a second job.

Last edited by helex; 2011-10-11 at 10:05. Reason: Links added; Landscape Image added

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I will buy ClipMan as soon as it it appears in the store.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I will buy ClipMan as soon as it it appears in the store.
Thanks marxian!

I hope for a good rating for my small application. Feedback from the most valued developer at maemo.org would be a major honour for me. (and don't forget, it's my first release)

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: