Originally Posted by ysss View Post
He's chairman of Apple Inc now.

No, that wasn't clever.
Lol why did he resigned then? If he still has work?
Pointless Steve Jobless....pointless....point-less...............................

Last edited by razefox; 2011-08-29 at 17:51.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ near Paris
mmm, who is the first unix saler in the world ?
what are darwin anf freeBSD ?
This sounds forgoten here ...
Never forgot Steve for this ...

The other steve.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Well, the guy is the pop star of tech. I wonder if they release a special iPhone Greatest Hits Collection, all the favorite iPhone models in a special, (I mean _really_ special) package now. And everyone applaudes when they get 5 songs from iTunes for free.

Oh wait, Steve isn't dead yet. Well, maybe later then.

Steve had left apple., going to "NEXT OS"
i remember these black square boxes, with postscript display.
all the top @ this epok, before linus arrive.
i just would like u think "chapeau bas" to someone having pushed UNIX and having beleived in this OS.
Sure Linux is not unix but ....

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by stef View Post
mmm, who is the first unix saler in the world ?
what are darwin anf freeBSD ?
This sounds forgoten here ...
Never forgot Steve for this ...
Saler? Sailor? Seller?

The first commercially sold UNIX outside of AT&T was IS/1 and that was 1977. Long before MacOS X. To be perfectly honest, though, I don't see why you wouldn't want to count AT&T's licenses of UNIX from even before that. You may want to do some reading before invoking your own Apple-slanted UNIX revisionist history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix.

To answer your other questions:
DARWIN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_OS
FreeBSD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebsd

Again, please be sure to read them.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
@danramos, it was not questions ... i know.
i just wanted to point out Steve brought unix on personnal computers and what he did is substenstialy impressive.
sure here BSD seems not to be known

Steve had left apple., going to "NEXT OS"
i remember these black square boxes, with postscript display.
all the top @ this epok, before linus arrive.
i just would like u think "chapeau bas" to someone having pushed UNIX and having beleived in this OS.
Sure Linux is not unix but ....
...but, neither is MacOS X, really. It's UNIX 03 certified and very POSIX, but it's not actually UNIX, so much as UNIX based. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X) By contrast, Linux doesn't pretend to BE Unix, it clearly went the GNU route and tries to be POSIX compliant but written from scratch to functionally operate to be Unix-like. By the by, I used to play with a NeXT computer a little over 15 years ago when they were new and long before Jobs worked for Apple again. They were spiffy little boxes--weird, but spiffy--but also FreeBSD based, not actual UNIX. (For the record, though, I prefer FreeBSD's OS over UNIX)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
@danramos, it was not questions ... i know.
i just wanted to point out Steve brought unix on personnal computers and what he did is substenstialy impressive.
sure here BSD seems not to be known
He didn't bring UNIX onto personal computers. That was also AT&T, unsurprisingly (desktop and laptop UNIX): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_...stems#Desktops wayyy back in 1983. If you're going to take NeXT (which was aimed at developers, not end-users), then you might as well count AT&T's desktops/laptops.

BSD isn't "not known" here... it's simply irrelevant to the conversation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
He didn't bring UNIX onto personal computers. That was also AT&T, unsurprisingly (desktop and laptop UNIX): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_...stems#Desktops wayyy back in 1983. If you're going to take NeXT (which was aimed at developers, not end-users), then you might as well count AT&T's desktops/laptops.

BSD isn't "not known" here... it's simply irrelevant to the conversation.
basicaly i think yes , debian GNU linux is certainly here in mind, not BSD.
what is ur daily OS on your laptop ?
mine is OSX + have fink and darwin ports.
what i can't do then ?

Tags
elop nxt plz, jobs gone, n9 still noshow