Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Okay it seems to be the particular video. Its titled "8 Out Of 10 Cats | It's an Assange | Channel 4" and it seems to be the only one titled like that - are you able to play it?

* Edit * - Scratch that, its many videos that crash it, but some do still work. Still baffled
I was able to replicate the crash by attempting to play that video. It's probably an issue with the code that finds the stream URL. I don't think it's possible to play those Channel 4 videos anyway (these videos can usually only be accessed using the YouTube website, because they use RTMP rather than HTTP), but I'll take a look and fix the issue. The application is not supposed to display videos that cannot be played, so it looks like a few are slipping through the net.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I see, cheers stuart. Glad its not just me!

Hows the qt components version coming along? Do you have a guestimate of if/when it could be ported to fremantle? No pressure like, just curious

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Hows the qt components version coming along? Do you have a guestimate of if/when it could be ported to fremantle? No pressure like, just curious
I decided to make a few changes to the UI (particularly for the 'My Channel' screen, which now has 'recommended videos' ), remove access to Dailymotion and vimeo, and focus on making a really nice YouTube client. I'm focusing on the Symbian version atm, but most of the code will be portable to Meego-Harmattan and hopefully Maemo (there are a few differences in the available components). I should have the Symbian and Meego-Harmattan versions completed within the next week or so. How long it will take to port to Fremantle will depend on the status of Qt Components on the N900. If they 'just work', it won't take long.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I decided to make a few changes to the UI (particularly for the 'My Channel' screen, which now has 'recommended videos' )
Yay! lol

Its all sounding good, i dont use dailymotion or vimeo so im happy about that. Shame there isnt a meego device that I want or i'd be pestering you for that version!

Keep up the awesome work, if i see you round wigan i'll get you a beer, although recognising you might be an issue - sooooo, maybe donating would be easier.....

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I like the feature within the YTube-application for Maemo where you can see most viewed sorted by day/week/month/all.
Is this something you might consider adding?
Maybe longpress the most viewed tab to sort 'em, or something.

One other thing that would be sweet if it was possible to save audio as .mp3 aswell. Like pymp although from within the application.

Thanks man for all your hard work
Looking forward to try MusiKloud later on when it's released

Last edited by datjomp; 2011-08-31 at 10:57.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
i just would like to see a short cut to go from where ever you are to "home" or main window"

like when you search many times you need click sooo many times clickes the back button.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
i just would like to see a short cut to go from where ever you are to "home" or main window"

like when you search many times you need click sooo many times clickes the back button.
Hold the back button to return home

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
or try to search in this topic before ask for something. It's quicker way, than waiting for the reply.

The Following User Says Thank You to R@ptor For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Okay it seems to be the particular video. Its titled "8 Out Of 10 Cats | It's an Assange | Channel 4" and it seems to be the only one titled like that - are you able to play it?

* Edit * - Scratch that, its many videos that crash it, but some do still work. Still baffled
I tried an 8 Out Of 10 Cats video from the official channel 4 page and it wouldnt download. I think its some sort of copyright protection going on and nothing that can be done about that, I think. Everything else works fine for me though.

Edit***

ive just read the thread back and see that marxian explained this in a better way than i did. Sorry to be a parrot lol

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-09-02 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
ive just read the thread back and see that marxian explained this in a better way than i did. Sorry to be a parrot lol
lol, i was gonna say

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube