Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
So perhaps step 2 is finished.
zehjotkah, have you already wrote Henri to get the users.csv file?

And please, be careful with this table.

What eMail adress should we use? Is there a default "no-reply" maemo.org adress?

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-09-03 at 12:02.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Wasn't at home during the weekend, just wrote the email to Henri.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Wasn't at home during the weekend, just wrote the email to Henri.
Good to see its going forward... Sometimes I'm glade to be able to carry always my N900 with me.

Hope you had a great and stress-free weekend. Have you visited the IFA?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Good to see its going forward... Sometimes I'm glade to be able to carry always my N900 with me.

Hope you had a great and stress-free weekend. Have you visited the IFA?
No, I was visiting my Girl and that means that I was reducing my internet-addiction to a minimum...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-09-05 at 07:51.

No, I was visiting my Girl and that means that I was reducing my internet-addiction to a minimum...
Ouh, okay. Got it! MeeGo and maemo restricted area.

Hopefully we get the election process running this week. I checked the links in the post above. Don't forget to correct the beginning date. Apart from that I have no clue. Sadly I guess I'm unable to help furthermore even if I would.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
got the users.csv
anyone has time to proceed? I'm at work atm.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
got the users.csv
anyone has time to proceed? I'm at work atm.
Here, I have time and would try to help.
The next step is:
Step 4: Modify election instructions (see "Generate election tokens and send out emails") to be what you want people to receive, and give me an email address other than mine which will be the "From" for the emails. Then run the scripts referred to there to generate tmp tokens and email notices out to people.
You've posted already the link to the instruction.

But:
2. Need access to the server to run the scripts that create the elections, import the electorate, generate tmp tokens, and send voting instructions.
Sooo...

The last election eMail I was able to find looks like it was sent form a personal adress from a maemo.org admin or member - I'm sure we are not able to use his adress - so, have you a meetmeego.org adress, zehjotkah?
I'm not sure if its a good idea to use a different domain. So could "no-reply@maemo.org" work? Suggestions?

I guess the only thing I could help at the moment is the instructions.txt. So here is my draft. I hope you haven't already done it. I guess we have to creat 9 instruction files or should we run with a single, universal file?
My draft is without text blocks. I don't know the placeholder because I don't have access to the original file. So don't simply copy and past it.

Code:
The election of the Community Maemo / MeeGo Coding Competition 2011 is now open, and you have received this email as you are eligible to vote. There are 9 different categories so you are able to vote 9 times - once in each categorie.

Participants in the categorie of this email:
[...]

A full list of participants, the projects and screenshots can be fount at: http://competition.meetmeego.org/categories

HOW TO VOTE
-----------
Voting will run from now until September 18th 2011, 23:59 UTC.

Your voting credentials for this categorie are:
   URL: http://maemo.org/vote/;
E-mail: [...]
Vote token: [...]

After authenticating yourself, you can choose your preferred project in order of preference. You will have an opportunity to verify and confirm your vote afterwards. 

Once you have confirmed your vote, a unique secret identifier will be given to you which will allow you to verify after the election that your vote was counted correctly.

Once you have voted, you will not be able to vote again.

Note: You have different voting credentials and tokens for each categorie. Try to don't get confused.

Thank you for your vote!

Regards,
zehjotkah

EDIT: Hmpf, found now the last instructions.txt - it seems we must recreate a own for each categorie. There are no placeholder for the canidates - but I don't unterstand how the tokens are filled in. Is this the correct document?

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-09-06 at 09:59. Reason: Changed link from http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions to http://competition.meetmeego.org/categories

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Does the users.csv include meego.com users too?

Originally Posted by helihyv View Post
Does the users.csv include meego.com users too?
I'm sure it doesn't include those users and since meego.com has currently no voting system and we are unable to doublecheck those users we are sadly limited to maemo.org only. I would say including MeeGo.com to the voting was not elaborated to the last consequence in the first place.

We have currently a lot toooo much problems and trouble setting up the current voting system (already a month behind the scedule) so I guess we have currently no other choice beside to drop the users with only a MeeGo.com account (I would say clearly the minority - even if it hurts)

Perhaps not the best solution but if no other one has a working solution we have to follow the current plan. Otherwise we are unable to vote before 2012...

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-09-05 at 18:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
users.csv update: no, just maemo.org. we won't get meego.com users.

donation update: 50€ by reinob Thanks a lot!

time update: I've probably no time this week, so you can't imagine how thankfully I am when I'm getting help from you guys! Thanks!

What have to be done update: we have the SQL database, we have the users.csv. Now we have to get the users.csv into the database according to Daves instructions. Please drop me a line if you want to do that.
And then step 4. We can use info at meetmeego dot org for that.

Prizes update: I had a meeting with Nokia yesterday. We talked about MeeGo and its future and of course the prizes.
Probably you read the rumors about Intel to stop MeeGo development and Samsung taking over. I talked to Dawn Foster (Community Manager at Intel) some days ago and she wasn't able to assure me that there will be a MeeGo Conference in January.
Nokia wants to stick to their word and sponsor us the main prizes. But we think it would be wise to not depend on the MeeGo Conference.
We had some nice ideas already, but I'll tell you more about that tomorrow when I know which of these ideas is okay for Nokia.
Just to prevent any unfulfilled expectations: there are no Nokia N950 devices anymore, unfortunately.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-09-06 at 07:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia