Active Topics

Notices

There should now be an experimental version of Chess Clock for N800/N810 (Maemo 4.1) devices available in the diablo extras-devel repository. As we do not have a N800 or N810 device, this version has only been tested on scratchbox/Xephyr, not on an actual device. So there could be surprises...

This version does not force the screen to stay on while playing, as this feature uses QtMobility , which is not available for Maemo 4.1. (It could be done another way, but as the emulator does not go blank, I would not be able to test it...)

All reports on it working or not would be most welcome!

The first beta version of Chess Clock for Harmattan (N9/N950) has been released. It is available from my personal repo, instructions on how to set it up on the device at http://chessclock.garage.maemo.org/download.html
Screenshots are in the forum.meego.com discussion thread.

Does this Chess Clock have an audit log?

If someone was contesting a game, it might be cool to have a record of all turn lengths, pauses, and events since the "start of game".

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
No, there is no log. It was planned at some point, and there is actually some preliminary support for it in the source code. So I think it probably could be implemented. Stable version for Harmattan (with all features of the Maemo version) is the most urgent work to do for this project now. But after that is done I could take a look at adding new features, and a log would be a good one. No promises, though. And it won't come soon anyway...

Chess Clock for N9 and N950 is now available as a free download from Nokia Store. Download links are in the Meego Forum thread

There is now an updated version of Chess Clock for N9 and N950 in Nokia Store. Only fixes some font issues introduced by PR 1.2.
Download: http://store.ovi.com/content/224808

After spending over a year in the testing repo, Chess Clock for N900 is now available from the extras repository!