Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
I like your idea.. do it as you want i.e. put the search icons on toolbar instead of the menu in Index page.. I personally dont like the menus coming up and down all the time, its a bit disturbing...

I would like to see search icons (go to: ayat, page, part) in search page (word search) also...

p.s. do you want backgrounds for buttons i.e. buttons in goto page 1,2,3 etc, search, reset settings ... and others.. ?

Why do you want them moved to the search page ? The logical place is the index page.
Searching is for free text searching.

I'm fine with moving them to the toolbar.

I don't think we need backgrounds for buttons. You already created them. I just need to start using them but the UI is changing a lot as you can see.

The menu might be removed one day. It could be replaced with a second toolbar Let's just see

EDIT: I cannot use the verse, part and page icons. They are not square

Last edited by MSameer; 2011-09-05 at 19:09.

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Why do you want them moved to the search page ? The logical place is the index page.
Searching is for free text searching.

I'm fine with moving them to the toolbar.

I don't think we need backgrounds for buttons. You already created them. I just need to start using them but the UI is changing a lot as you can see.

The menu might be removed one day. It could be replaced with a second toolbar Let's just see

EDIT: I cannot use the verse, part and page icons. They are not square
Actually I want the ayat, page, and part icons on both the places i.e in index and as well as in search, as it would be easy...

as for the icons problem, i'll check and tell you by tomorrow morning.. as its very late here... (1.00 am)

Recitations will be implemented. It's in the TODO list. It won't make the app big as you will have to download it from within the app itself (Like translations).

I added a checkbos for matching whole words. It's in the git repository. I'll try to create a new release today or tomorrow ISA.
Can we place/use our own downloaded recitations from pc to n900 as some people have slow internet and cannot download all files through app as they will be in hundreds of megabytes...

And also can we use audio translations.. as i have verse by verse urdu translations audio.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
Can we place/use our own downloaded recitations from pc to n900 as some people have slow internet and cannot download all files through app as they will be in hundreds of megabytes...

And also can we use audio translations.. as i have verse by verse urdu translations audio.
Implementing custom recitations will be easier than implementing custom translations. I have an idea in mind that should make it easy to do custom recitations.

You don't need recitations for translations. You can always use the translation audio as a custom recitation

Regarding icons: Adding them to both pages will look weird but I'll add them. That's not an issue.

I guess the new release will have to wait for the icons then

Last edited by MSameer; 2011-09-05 at 20:21.

Implementing custom recitations will be easier than implementing custom translations. I have an idea in mind that should make it easy to do custom recitations.

You don't need recitations for translations. You can always use the translation audio as a custom recitation

Regarding icons: Adding them to both pages will look weird but I'll add them. That's not an issue.

I guess the new release will have to wait for the icons then
ok so we can cycle between them... that fantastic... btw can we listem to whole surah recitation/translation.

Sorry for the icons delay, i had to remake them and create svgs of all..

here is the link:

SearchC.zip

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Just two humble suggestions.

1: swipe from left to right -> go to next page; swipe from right to left -> go to previous page
2: Settings -> Translations rather than a 'T' and it can allow you to do the same exact thing that pressing 'T' already has so no major code work just changing the menu item

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post

1: swipe from left to right -> go to next page; swipe from right to left -> go to previous page
2: Settings -> Translations rather than a 'T' and it can allow you to do the same exact thing that pressing 'T' already has so no major code work just changing the menu item
swip left or right was present before, but it created problems for some users... so he changed it to navigation buttons... btw the navigation buttons have some work pending.... hope to see them fixed in future builds...

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post

1) Swiping was there and it really confused a lot of people so we had to use arrows. However, the new release will make the whole left and right part clickable which should ease the navigation.

2) I can move the "T" icon to the menu and use the word "Translations" for that. Seems the "T" is confusing...

@TransTech

Navigation bar work has been pushed into git. It should be present in the new release I'll try to create tonight ISA.

The right and left arrows are the same. Only the remaining colored part is semi transparent (very low opacity) as it was interfering with reading the actual text. You will see it

I'll check the icons when I'm back home.

Last edited by MSameer; 2011-09-06 at 09:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
0.3.6-1 is out
* Navigation bar now has a background that fills the page height to ease tapping.
* Added the ability to search partial words.
* Theme improvements for the chapter title.
* Moved the goto part/page/verse to the toolbar.

Ideas for the next release:

I'll try to merge the index and search pages into 1 page. That's why I didn't put the icons into the search page.

I also need to add the translated sura names. I have them already but need to work on that.

I guess I'll remove the "T" button from the settings page and add a normal button instead.

I'll see if I can start theming the buttons.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Liked the navigation and chapter name theme improvement... i'll be waiting for the translated Surah names.. btw the navigation bar opacity should be little bit more visible.. as its very light (because it will contrast the navigation buttons and make them more visible).. i have an idea for the search page merging into the index page. i.e use the magnify icon in index dockbar for search..

The translation button idea is really good, i was thinking for the one too.. also you can group similar functions under one head.. i.e translation font, translation manager (downloader and remover) under Translations. etc.

Tags
religulous