Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Berlin
i say thank you too...great job!thumbs up!!!!!!!

i cannot update cssu.it says you need to connect via pc with pc suite to update this.? what to do?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i cannot update cssu.it says you need to connect via pc with pc suite to update this.? what to do?
I did back up with the maemo backuptool. but when it was almost finished, the n900 went into a boot loop. it was end of the story.
I had to reflash the kernel to get it on again

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
I used this:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

I hope you know how to use the flasher 3.5 on your desktop.
its the same like flashing but now you only flash the kernel, nothing else.

you can see the wiki
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
For all using the flasher to enable R&D mode; it doesn't work OOTB with BackupMenu installed. When BackupMenu is installed, you cannot enter the update mode, because with an open keyboard BM is loaded. You have to slide to keyboard open just enough to reach the 'u' key, but NOT until it slides into the final position. I've read this here somewhere, and it helped me today.

Btw: i was not able to use the root shell from backup menu, could not logon as root or user because every time BM did something else/ the main menu kept coming back. But enabling USB networking / sshd from within BackupMenu and connecting from an openSuSE box with the quick and dirty / one-time USB settings did the trick.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
You just do as you use to, the problem is that hildon-desktop crashes but hildon-status-menu is working so you can get statusmenu to connect to your network as you usually do. Then you connect with putty and change the gconf value switch off phone and use flasher to get it back into production mode.

Sometimes it might be buggy and you get old window views or something blocking the statusarea just reboot and be sure to just click the statusarea only and it should work just fine.
Thank You one more time!
It worked for me after a few times!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
ok, there left libeet1, pyside-qt4, python-pyside

after I wanted to upgrade libeet1 I get info that I have to install libein1 and than see the picture

total mess
I pinned that package because of unmet dependencies.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
I cant update to 16 so i decided to uninstall and install CSSU again, but it always failed to download 1 package. I think it's the "libwildmidi0_0.2.2-2maemi1." I tried to install it but it says "couldn't find the packag." Now, I got diffirent UI for camera, portrait mode in apps menu, on multitasking view, and more. I also got a problem with "resolving host timed out: downloads.maemo.nokia.com" on 3 catalogs. The "nokia applications," "nokia system software updates," and "ovi." What could be the problem with this. I can't successfully install CSSU on my phone. Btw, The "maemo CSSU about" isn't showing up in settings.

Last edited by chase15; 2011-09-07 at 18:49.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I pinned that package because of unmet dependencies.
what do you mean?

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
what do you mean?
I pinned the currently installed version in fapman so that i do not get the update notification for it. You experienced too that the update for libeet1 cannot be installed because of unmet dependencies.

Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
I did back up with the maemo backuptool. but when it was almost finished, the n900 went into a boot loop. it was end of the story.
I had to reflash the kernel to get it on again
i already have the cssu install.when i try to update it to v16 it says i have to update it via pc and pc suite. i want the soln to this problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade