Notices

Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
I have a problem with Facebook authorisation. After I fill the login form and click to "Allow", cuteTube infinitely obtains auth token. But it does not obtain, even after an hour
Same here...

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Is this app already in the must-have thread? Ir should be in there...
Also, lots of kudos for the upload feature, been waiting for this! Afaik, this is currently the only app-based (non-browser) way to upload videos to Youtube, finally a replacement for the broken Youtube-sharing plugin!
I haven't been successful using it though. The process gets stuck saying "Starting upload", the progress bar empty. I tried restarting the app and uploading the same file again, this time it said "upload is in progress" and then "done" 1 sec later. It hasn't worked though, it's still not up there in my Channel.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Is this app already in the must-have thread? Ir should be in there...
Also, lots of kudos for the upload feature, been waiting for this! Afaik, this is currently the only app-based (non-browser) way to upload videos to Youtube, finally a replacement for the broken Youtube-sharing plugin!
I haven't been successful using it though. The process gets stuck saying "Starting upload", the progress bar empty. I tried restarting the app and uploading the same file again, this time it said "upload is in progress" and then "done" 1 sec later. It hasn't worked though, it's still not up there in my Channel.
I've just tested a video upload, and it worked fine. It would seem that there is an issue with either the file that you're uploading or your internet connection.

You can try launching it from the terminal by opening xterm and entering

Code:
/opt/usr/bin/qmltube
You might get some useful output, although I have removed some of the debugging code over the last few releases.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I have only had a problem with uploading when I'm on an UNSTABLE internet connection. For example, being far away from the router, weak wifi signal.

On a solid connection, it's fine.

I believe both the video files and the internet connection are fine.
Maybe it has something to do with both Python- and QML-Ct being installed on my device...?
Here's what comes up when launching it in xterm:

"QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'qt_sql_default_connection', old connection removed.
<Unknown File>:1: SyntaxError: Parse error"

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I believe both the video files and the internet connection are fine.
Maybe it has something to do with both Python- and QML-Ct being installed on my device...?
Here's what comes up when launching it in xterm:

"QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'qt_sql_default_connection', old connection removed.
Have you tried uploading a video after launching from xterm? It might be worth testing a different file, just to be sure.

I have both versions installed on my device, so there's no problem there. The parse error is a bug in fetching the playlists. It still fetches them, though. I have fixed the issue since the last update.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Have you tried uploading a video after launching from xterm? It might be worth testing a different file, just to be sure.
here's xterm-output from upload:

"~ $ /opt/usr/bin/qmltube
QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'qt_sql_default_connection', old connection removed.
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/UploadDialog.qml:107:40: Unable to assign undefined value
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/UploadDialog.qml:107:60: Unable to assign undefined value
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/UploadDialog.qml:107:22: Unable to assign undefined value
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/UploadDialog.qml:106:12: Unable to assign undefined value
<Unknown File>:1: SyntaxError: Parse error

it's the same with different files, they're clips I recorded with N900 in 848x480 resolution, also one of the little clips that came pre-loaded on the N900.
One that I first downloaded from Youtube (using Cutetube) gave this output (too long to post here).

Edit: Tried again today with self-recorded video file, this time it worked! Maybe now the spell is broken!
However, the output from xterm looks very much the same as the one I posted on pastebin. Will report back if it goes back to hickups.

One feature request (I don't know how to file this correctly in Garage): make it possible to edit privacy settings and other info for My Uploads.
Thanks again for great work and support!

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2011-09-06 at 13:09.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
New corrected Czech language files from cuteTube QML 1.1.1 (small string fixes).

BTW: I'm solved problem with Facebook authorisation (recreating the database solved my problem)

EDIT: Here is some problem with special chars with Facebook share With Twitter is everything fine. The text should be "Jak se krásně nese "
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip qmltube_1.1.1.zip (25.1 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by R@ptor; 2011-09-08 at 15:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to R@ptor For This Useful Post:
can i view the explicit content of dailymotion (over 18 videos ) ? i turned safe search off but i cant view them

Originally Posted by mosh11 View Post
can i view the explicit content of dailymotion (over 18 videos ) ? i turned safe search off but i cant view them
You should be able to view them. They work OK for me.

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube