Notices

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Am I the only one that thinks than being tied up is wrong?

Using jabber (gtalk for example) and I can use whatever the h*** I want to talk with someone. I can be talking on my phone, get home and go on talking on my computer with a nice keybooard; can't do that with whatsup!

The older I get, the more I hate being tied up to a company's software, whichever it is.

Just my two cents
I agree with your rant, unfortunately there are still plenty of reasons those closed standards thrive:

- Better UI/UX
- More features
- Faster development
- Bigger (locked up) user base
Etc.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MrAmerica99997 View Post
well, the way it can really be done, is if you Port android on your n900.

Nitdroid.com

i did it, whatsapp works on android, but wont work on the n900 just yet. Nitdroid needs a little bit more work. but yeh, of u want whats app, get nitdorid on your n900;
i have installed nitdroid on my phone its really gud pretty stable not perfect but usuable but even through nitdroid and using market many apps and games are not available such as whatsapp just yet!

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Am I the only one that thinks than being tied up is wrong?

Using jabber (gtalk for example) and I can use whatever the h*** I want to talk with someone. I can be talking on my phone, get home and go on talking on my computer with a nice keybooard; can't do that with whatsup!

The older I get, the more I hate being tied up to a company's software, whichever it is.

Just my two cents
quoted for truth. using this app is like going in the 90s when msn and yahoo couldnt talk to each other.

I think it'd be nice to have "whatsapp" and the "tango" app on N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
why dont we collect some money to one of the DEV and ask him to port what'sapp ?

Whats app are we talking about? Maybe I can help

The Following User Says Thank You to alfonso bastos2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
i know what you mean
many people do have this app .
and this app is a mind game.
people think that you can send free sms with this app.
The truth is that this app is like Skype or any other app because you have to be online via mobile network or wlan to use it.
And people keep asking me if i do have this app because they want to contact me via this app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N900L For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
is there any chance i can set up Facebook Email ID on Nokia N900's Email application, well so that I can received offline messages.

true what's app requires internet connection, but u can send, photos, voice clips, messages, i think even group messages to people's what's app on their phones....it's more like a threaded conversation type app...and it's pretty neat.
I see android, BB, symbian users using it...would be nice to have N900 connect via apps to such phones as well.

@Del good idea

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
that's the thing, lot's of people have the ishit, and android, and they all have whatsapp, they get used to using it so they kind of refuse going "online" and logging in on another service.

Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
true what's app requires internet connection, but u can send, photos, voice clips, messages, i think even group messages to people's what's app on their phones....it's more like a threaded conversation type app...and it's pretty neat.
I see android, BB, symbian users using it...would be nice to have N900 connect via apps to such phones as well.

@Del good idea

Tags
bob the builder, can you fix it?, yes - _you_ can