Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by fraad View Post
right maz go to page 288 look for post from ammty right there a txt file there download it ok make sure when it say save to divice you save it in n900 ok then root sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDriod_installer.sh.txt ok then enter on keypad on n900 then just do same at each time it ask you pras any key ok it will install ok then still in root put reboot keybord open you will see it o u must have kernel power setting u can get that from repos ok install that frist okBUT ONCE yOU HAVE NITDROID INSTALLED YOU WONT BOOT BACK maemo
The auto installer wont even download Nitdroid for me to worry about kernel panics

maz what way r u trying to install it ?

Originally Posted by fraad View Post
maz what way r u trying to install it ?

The Autoinstaller a few pages back; it works but doesn't download anything and reports a "reboot device to boot into Nitdroid blah blah"

And there's nothing

I'm noticing im getting a lot of E: Couldn't find package errors

Am i missing some dependencies here, what should i have in the Application Catalouge ? I have: Nokia Applications, Nokia System Software Updates, Ovi, Maemo.org, maemo.org extras-testing.

EDIT: I enabled the Extras, Extras Devel, and Extras Testing, and voila it worked !

Reboot, choose maemo, works fine, then turn off, turn into nitdroid, works fine, then turn off, try booting into maemo and there you have it, KErnal panic, bootloop all over again

Im done with nitdroid ...

Last edited by maz7006; 2011-09-12 at 09:09.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by maz7006 View Post
The auto installer wont even download Nitdroid for me to worry about kernel panics
It will now, and you won't have to worry about kernel-panics

Ok i reflash and try again - thanks for your hard work!

But its odd, Maemo gives me kernel panic only after when i tried nitdroid for the first time

I.e. When i first installed nitdroid, and then i rebooted, i choose first maemo to see if it would still work - and it did. Reboot, choose nitdroid, all is well, then reboot, choose maemo kernal panic

Im not asking for a fix, i will reflash anyway, but yeah can i fix this via nitdroid for its STILL working or should i just go ahead and reflash ?

Ok i reflash and try again - thanks for your work

But its odd, Maemo gives me kernel panic only after when i tried nitdroid for the first time

I.e. When i fiurst isntalled nitdroid, and then i rebooted, i choose first maemo to see if it would still work - and it did. Reboot, choose nitdroid, all is well, then reboot, choose maemo kernal panic

Im not asking for a fix, i will reflash anyway, but yeah can i fix this via nitdroid for its STILL working or should i just go ahead and reflash ?
It will be better if you reflash, then try the updated autoinstaller.

Ok man

And with this .DEB package will i need kernel-power ?

Ok man

And with this .DEB package will i need kernel-power ?
Nope. The installer itself will do everything for you.

Is this only for emmc ? I would like install to microsd, can i use this deb ?

Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
Is this only for emmc ? I would like install to microsd, can i use this deb ?
Sorry, this is a dedicated eMMC installer.
Look for other threads in the alternatives section, there are about 3 ones talking about N12 autoinstallation on the microsd.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid