Closed Thread
Originally Posted by droll View Post
omg......you are right. i did that too. i did it because after i restored the good backup image, i lost 10mb which is odd because when i took the backup image, i had about 46mb of rootfs space left (and after restoring, i have 36mb left).

anyway this is my plan:
1. remove battery patch / speed patch
2. revert to stock nokia kernel
3. reapply cssu
4. reapply v48 of kernel power
5. reapply battery and speed patch

let's see if anything weird happens then.

thanks.
i can confirm this seems to have removed the stability issues that i had before (random reboots). the device has not randomly rebooted for the past 6 hours. i will continue observation but it seems to be a good fix. so for users who have those items above installed (#1 and #4), you may want to try the above.

as a downside, i now have to disable smartreflex. enabling it causes the phone to immediately reboot. this is really a small loss for me anyway.

thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I got my bricked N900 to work again. Hildon desktop was crashing because of a faulty transition.ini. Turned out that it is possible to start X-term with a keyboard shortcut just before hildon crashes
I love maemo and my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to m_seitz For This Useful Post:
I want in landscape screen is one wallpaper and in portrait sreen is other wallpaper.
Anyone tell how to do that?

Originally Posted by accountvip View Post
I want in landscape screen is one wallpaper and in portrait sreen is other wallpaper.
Anyone tell how to do that?
Don't believe it's been accomplished yet. Heck, we just had dedicated looping portrait wallpapers brought out not too long ago. Maybe in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
So, I finally sat down and typed "apt-get" about a thousand times to repairing lots of issues from a few broken devel packages I installed ages ago. Once apt reported everything was clean and ready, and I did a backup (with both backup utilities) I hit the update wiki page and painlessly updated from PR1.3 to CSSU!

Two things right off:
  1. The speed! I can't believe how much faster just about everything is.
  2. Total control, of everything. From tilt control, to style updates, to tons of little settings to tweak the UI, transitions, blur... everything. I'm still finding things that have changed or have expanded options now, and loving it each time.

I want to say a special thank you to whomever put in the hack to disable desktop editing. You have no idea how many times I've had the damn thing long-press in my pocket and find my desktop moved all around the next time I check it. That's going to make me so much more relieved next time I randomly hear the angry birds theme playing from my pocket.

Really, great work on this to everyone involved! If I find anything wonky, I'll check here & look at submitting bug reports if desired. One thought though: If this version is as stable as it seems... Maybe it's time to make this version a "stable" version and setup that repository? Just a thought.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
One thought though: If this version is as stable as it seems... Maybe it's time to make this version a "stable" version and setup that repository? Just a thought.
Until the CSSU team aren't having to make 3 releases in a single weekend to fix issues with a release, I don't think it's right to unleash it.
Even more so if you are expecting (and I hope we are !) Nokia to send out a one time change to prompt everyone to install the CSSU.

Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Until the CSSU team aren't having to make 3 releases in a single weekend to fix issues with a release, I don't think it's right to unleash it.
Even more so if you are expecting (and I hope we are !) Nokia to send out a one time change to prompt everyone to install the CSSU.
Oh come on... everybody has been begging for a release, getting the 'it will be released when ready' answer and not finding it good enough. Then the release comes and there are some issues for some (running fine here), and that's also not good.

Go write your CSSU yourself....seriously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Thank you CSSU developers !

The latest CSSU update resolved my Modest crashes.

After changing SUPL.NOKIA.COM (GPS) to SUPL.GOOGLE.COM
GPS is also working again.

Thank you VERY much, appreciate your efforts in keeping Maemo 5 alive.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
do not know if anyone reported this before, but I noticed a bug on the "calculator" when I update on the last CSSU not know whether it was the previous 16.5 update etc..

So the bug is only in use when calculating the percentage (%)
npr. " 100 - 10% =99 " and "10 + 2% = 10.04" etc (the result is not accurate)
and so on, meaning, only when it comes to the percentage(%) giving a false result, the rest is fine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thats because you have to define the number to take that percentage of. if you type nothing it takes 10.
For example :
100-10%100 gives 90, which is 100 minus 10 % of 100 (100 - 10)
if you just type 100-10% it gives 99, which is 100 minus 10 % of 10, which is 1....

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade